Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2022 3:14:22 PM EDT
I ordered the Holosun, then 2 days later I ordered the Dagger. The sight is being delivered today and I'm sitting here at the door ready to tackle the UPS guy when he gets too close. But waiting for the gun... oh my god it's taking sooooooo loooooonng... It's been like 2 whole days... it hurts soooo bad! When will it get here!!

sorry guys. just had to let it out. Back to waiting for the UPS guy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Amateur post.

Send in a paper F4 or F1 and gt back to us.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL, yeah, I get it. This wasn't as painful as that... yet. But I am only posting in the PSA handguns forum soooo, yeah, that's what this is about.

The sight came in and looks good. I swear they use ninjas to deliver stuff. Never Heard or saw a thing. I looked out the door, nothing, my kid walks in 2 minutes later and says "here's you delivery."

Now I just gotta wait for the Dagger.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my first one in like 4 days (Dagger) to my FFL. The optic I waited a week to order then it took 2 weeks. Im old and like the plain old night sights.
Have one due any minute at my FFL.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol....I remember your optic post

Btw, my longest form 4 paper was 15 months wait.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I've only had a few I had to wait for. 2 from PSA and one from S&W. They all went well, the PSA was shipped in a couple days and it took 2 or 3 to make it through the system to my door or FFL. Seemed like months though .

I'm in my 60's and my sight isn't getting any better. I was at the range and went to the 25 yard range. I realized I couldn't see my sights or the target. If I put my readers on I could see my sights but the target was a blur. I decided then to get a dot. I saw the circle reticle and read that it was good for people with astigmatism so I went that way. I turned the sight on and it looked good, but when I put my glasses on (in case SHTF while my glasses are on) and the circle looked like an 8mm dot.

Can't wait to get that notification of shipping from PSA!
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I realized how bad my eyes are putting a red dot on a pistol. Im going to be 56 soon. My right eye has a stigmatism on it. The dot looks like 4 dots in a cluster.
Takes me longer to find the dot than a front sight. Also when I aim or draw im looking over my glasses. Its a mess. Ordered a Dagger slide yesterday with night sights no optic cut.

This one will be a carry gun for work and my Glock feels like a brick compared to this Dagger grip.

Funny thing is a red dot on a rifle im good, im a lefty and my left eye is better. I spend more time trying to find the dot than I can with a front sight.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Technically a red dot (LED/LASER) is not good for astigmatism. You'll get a blurry dot.

What is good for astigmatism is an etched reticle with illumination like a magnified scope. Etched reticle doesn't blurs.

I'm not aware of any pistol red dot with illuminated etched reticle.

At 25yd, the front sight starting to get blurry for me. Hard to keep all my shots in the "A zone".

With a red dot, much easier to keep my shots in the "A zone" at 25.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Technically a red dot (LED/LASER) is not good for astigmatism. You'll get a blurry dot.

What is good for astigmatism is an etched reticle with illumination like a magnified scope. Etched reticle doesn't blurs.

I'm not aware of any pistol red dot with illuminated etched reticle.

At 25yd, the front sight starting to get blurry for me. Hard to keep all my shots in the "A zone".

With a red dot, much easier to keep my shots in the "A zone" at 25.
View Quote

Makes sense my Holo sight doesnt seem to bother me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah, that's what I liked about the circle, it's supposed to not go wonky with astigmatism. Mine is on the left side and I'm a righty so it's good there, just something I considered. I just couldn't focus on my irons at all and when my readers were on I could see my sight but the target was pretty much just a blur.

Right now I'm carrying a Security 9, the grip is great, the trigger is great. I was thinking of getting the slide milled but I wanted to get a Glock because of all the aftermarket goodies and upgrades that are available but I didn't like the Glock in that it felt like I was holding onto a 1x3. I figured the Dagger is the Gen 3 with many of the upgrades already done. Only thing that I'm wondering about is the trigger. I got an upgrade trigger on the Ruger and it was just about perfect. I keep hearing the Dagger has a lot of take up and the trigger is a bit of a let down. I'm thinking learning curve.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#10]
yeah man, just got the email. SHIPPED!  UPS?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#12]
My Sniper Green lower has been at my FFL since Friday. Hopefully tomorrow I can go get it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I must be a glutton for punishment. Last night I ordered the non-threaded barrel and a Cross Armory trigger assy. They actually didn't have that gun in stock with the standard barrel so I knew I would be ordering it, and all I heard about was how bad the Dagger trigger was so that gets swapped out as soon as it comes in.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Sniper Green lower has been at my FFL since Friday. Hopefully tomorrow I can go get it.
View Quote

My FFL is right around the corner and is a friend of mine. As soon as it comes in he calls me and I take the rest of the day off if needs be. I'm too much like a kid at Christmas!
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#15]
aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggg! the worst part of waiting for shipment! FAILED DELIVERY ATTEMPT!!!! I just remembered, my FFL is closed on Wednesdays! oohh the agony! I gotta wait until tomorrow!
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
It came in and it looks good. I put the Holosun 407co on it. Tomorrow the barrel comes in and Monday the trigger comes in. This weekend I'll take it down to the range.

a little more than a week, that ain't too bad at all. Great job PSA!
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordered on the 29th because there were none in the store.  My ffl is a psa store and I'm still waiting on the call that it's in and I can come get it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#18]
You guys are lucky.  I live in a commie state so we have mandatory wait times which is usually around 1.5 to 2 weeks even if you have a concealed permit.  Sure miss the days of taking home guns the same day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top