Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2018 12:46:11 PM EDT
Wrung my hands this week over trading in my Springfield RO, Kimber Micro 9 and Micro 380... on an Ed Brown Kobra Carry or a CMMG Guard (and a few oher options). Ended up picking up the CMMG because I've got a Sig Sauer Ultra Carry and Tac Ops 10mm in the safe that are the best 1911s I've ever owned.

But I couldn't get the sweet used Ed Brown out of my head. So yesterday AM I couldn't stand it anymore and picked it up. I've always wanted a top tier 1911 (Brown, Wilson, Baer, or Nighthawk). But the Kobra Carry has been the specific one that I've lusted for over the years. This thing is light and seems to fit my hand better than any other 1911 I've ever had. Fit and finish is 2nd to none. I'm impressed. Not gonna sell my Sigs... because each one fills a different niche than the Brown. As far as EDC goes... I haven't carried 1911 for many years. I'd rather EDC my Kahr CW380 or Kimber Solo 9 because They're so small, thin, light and concealable. But I did carry the Brown yesterday and will no doubt carry it in the future when I'm wearing long clothes. And it's just great to finally have my dream 1911, that's second to none. Will try to get pics later.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

Waiting on pics......
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Kobra LW is my grail gun that I continue to save for but in the interim I've picked up a DW Guardian to fill the void while I save more pennies.   Congrats on the acquisition!
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:46:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice!

Waiting on pics......
View Quote
Will get em posted in the next few days.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Kobra LW is my grail gun that I continue to save for but in the interim I've picked up a DW Guardian to fill the void while I save more pennies.   Congrats on the acquisition!
View Quote
Glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who'd singled this specific model out as my grail gun. Been mine for many years. Got it for $1799 in excellent used condition.

Nothing wrong at all with a DW. I've lusted after the Valors for years as well. Would still love to add one to the collection,  but I'll be a good boy for a while since I satisfied my Kobra lust.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Lightweight Commander 9mm's carry just like a G19 but are much slimmer plus I'm much more accurate with them than the glock.  The Kobra LW is best in the breed in my humble opinion and they ride well in a VM2.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the club! Unfortunately my DW CCO is not utilized anymore as the Kobra carry LW is lighter and feels better IMO.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:13:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not understanding the lack of pics.  I'd post mine but I don't have a Brown.  In Fact, it might be the only one I lack at this point.  Hhhmmm
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:12:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Clicked, scrolled and left the thread. Came back to post this. Don’t start a thread like this with the teaser topic without pics.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry guys. Didn't mean to be a tease at all. Just been super engaged in a lot of things latelely. Still haven't been able to shoot the EB. Here's a  pic of both the Brown KC and the CMMG Guard.

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sorry guys. Didn't mean to be a tease at all. Just been super engaged in a lot of things latelely. Still haven't been able to shoot the EB. Here's a  pic of both the Brown KC and the CMMG Guard.

https://imgur.com/a/rx1F6sw

[url]https://i.imgur.com/4waC7j9.jpg[/img ]
View Quote
nice.

Back in the early 1990's,  I called them to ask some questions about fitting there excellent beavertail grip safety

the receptionist put Mr. Ed Brown himself on the phone to help me.

He talked to me with all the patience and courtesy in the world.

I was really impressed.

Class act. and great products.

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

nice.

Back in the early 1990's,  I called them to ask some questions about fitting there excellent beavertail grip safety

the receptionist put Mr. Ed Brown himself on the phone to help me.

He talked to me with all the patience and courtesy in the world.

I was really impressed.

Class act. and great products.

https://i.imgur.com/4waC7j9.jpg
View Quote
Wow... that's great to hear. The Kobra Carry has been my dream pistol for at least 10 years. We never see them around here, so when I saw this one used for $1800, I forced myself to pull out the plastic (no interest six months) and snatch it. After I bought it, I ordered some new grips, recoil spring, and a couple of EB t-shirts from their site. Shipped and delivered fast. I did read a bunch of horror stories about their CS and about how rudely that Ed himself had been to some customers, so I was a bit put-off. But my experience so far has been good.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Great pistol at a great price, color me jealous!
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks guys. Still haven't shot it yet. Chose to head to the mountains today for some ice climbing instead. Trying to get back in the climbing game to go for a summit of Rainier this June. But i'll get to the range eventually.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Got to the range on Monday afternoon. The Kobra Carry was a pleasure to shoot, dead reliable, and as accurate as my abilities would allow. Now I can carry it with confidence.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Congratulations on acquiring such a fine 1911.

Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:56:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Atta boy. That is a fine 1911. Gives me the urge . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top