Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2021 1:08:03 PM EDT
Anybody run one of these?  What weight?  Considering one to see if it improves reset.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one, not a fan imo. Doesn’t improve the trigger, I wouldn’t want one that was lighter either, it slows down how fast your trigger returns.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
same experience here. the light version had a heavier trigger pull than the stock spring and it didn't feel as smooth.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Had the factory weight one, didn't feel any benefit so I removed it and just put in a new factory spring. I was able to return it through Brownells.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had the factory weight one, didn't feel any benefit so I removed it and just put in a new factory spring. I was able to return it through Brownells.
View Quote

How did it feel compared to the mousetrap spring?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Been running the standard version for years.  Don't really notice a difference from the stock spring, trigger is still really smooth.  I put it in just to be safe, because at the time it was a duty gun and I've seen standard trigger springs break.  Not sure I'd bother on a gun that wasn't going to be high round count.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, are you referring to the replacement captured spring unit for the trigger return spring? If so, then yes, they're greatly worth it. I went with the reduced power version on my 92's. I went with the 14lb mainspring as well but bumped up the recoil spring by 2-3lbs to compensate for a lowered mainspring rating.

Not sure which trigger your model has, but the Wolff unit requires a metal trigger rather than a polymer-coated metal trigger. There is a noticeable improvement over the mousetrap design.

I've got thousands of rds through my first 92FS in USPSA, 3 Gun & Steel Plate matches. A good trigger makes a huge difference & can be done fairly cheaply.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How did it feel compared to the mousetrap spring?
View Quote
I replaced the polymer/metal trigger with factory metal trigger. The mousetrap springs are cheap and the newer ones are better than the original so I bought a couple. I polished the top of the trigger with fine metal polish along with the underside and all contact points of the trigger bar, added the D Spring which made the most difference. Feels like a new gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had one, not a fan imo. Doesn’t improve the trigger, I wouldn’t want one that was lighter either, it slows down how fast your trigger returns.
View Quote

/\/\/\   this...   I don't know about the regular weight trigger spring conversion... but I know the reduced power is just that.. reset felt slow and sluggish to me, and the minor pull weight reduction just wasn't worth it to me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#10]
whoops.. dupe
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Concerned about potential breakage in the original return spring in my 1985 made 92F I replaced it with the Wolff standard trigger conversion unit for greater percieved "reliability".

Wolff unit was noticably gritty feeling.

Replaced it with the Wilson Combat chrome silicone "Bulletproof" return spring and am completely satisfied with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top