Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2020 12:13:22 PM EDT
I had two case head separations today while shooting with Winchester white box 22 ammunition.

I was using a Ruger Mark II.

Has anybody else had this problem?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I had two case head separations today while shooting with Winchester white box 22 ammunition.

I was using a Ruger Mark II.

Has anybody else had this problem?
View Quote

Yep. Once with winchester wild cats in a Mark III, blew the plastic chamber loaded indicator to pieces. And once with Winchester Super-X in a S&W model 10, didn't hurt the smith, but peppered my left hand with brass and powder residue.

Quit buying Winchester .22s over it. Shame, my favorite 10/22 loved the wild cats.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
yep, in 10/22, in 77/22 with their super X.

also in 77/22 magnum, also super x.  

That is really the only winchester I buy.   I wouldn’t buy their floor sweepings plinker ammo.  

No damage to my firearms, just smoke at the breach.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had that. I did have brass blowing out the side of the AMT copy

I guess they overcut the extractor slot on some all the way into the chamber.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always found Winchester .22LR to be crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top