Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2023 11:06:33 AM EDT
Just bought the gun 3/17/23.  Only ammo the dealer had left was a 50 round box of Winchester Ranger 115 gr +P+.

Safe to shoot it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Shouldn't be a problem.  I've shot it out of all of mine, and while snappy, in modest amounts shouldn't hurt anything.  

I'll tell you, though, there are Boomers who love the stuff and might pay $$$ for what they call the Illinois State Police load.  Buy the ammo, get regular anmo on line, and try to sell off the +P+ stuff to someone whose head is stuck in 1981.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot some 124gr +p through my Macro with no issue. Actually I think hot ammo is where the Macros comp really shines. Using standard velocity 115/124gr ammo, the comp doesn't do much IMO but you can really feel it make a difference with the hot stuff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top