Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2018 6:26:51 PM EDT
Is it worth it?

I have a 92A1 with the Wolff return spring, I don't have any complaints.

Now I have a 92FS that I kind of want to tinker with, mostly because I can't help myself. I already did the steel parts upgrade, but forgot to order the return spring with it.

Has anybody done one recently? The last review on midway says there's no fitting anymore, which is why my other gun never got one.

I'm thinking about ordering the action tune kit with the extra power return spring and a skelotonized hammer, and maybe the low profile safety.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
No. What you seek is the Langdon Tactical trigger job in a bag.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
That actually comes with the WC trigger bar that the OP is referencing.

At any rate, I've added one of the WC ultimate action tune trigger bars to my 92A1. I will say it did drop in on my gun without any fitting needed. What it did for my gun so far as i can tell is move the break point in both DA and SA a little further back which in turn accomplishes two other things which are advertised. First is it lessens over travel (which it absolutely did, my gun with the stock trigger bar had way too much overtravel), and it also allows you to use pretty light hammer springs while keeping reliability with primers because the hammer gets a little more arc in its swing.

The kit comes with a few different weight hammer springs and my gun popped all the different primers i tried with the lightest spring in the kit, which was 12lbs. I settled on the 13lb just for a little more margin for error with primers. My DA breaks just under 6lbs and my SA is about 3.25-3.5lb iirc. DA is smooth as hell but can't say if it was from the trigger bar or the Elite II hammer i added previously. Reset also seems to be a tad shorter.

As an added note, the WC action tune was the last part i added to my gun. I previously added the WC steel short reach trigger, 16lb D spring, and the aforementioned hammer. Nothing else done to the internals after the trigger bar install.

This is my first/only Beretta currently so I'm not sure what kinds of results others are getting with swapping in similar parts. My completely stock trigger pulls were around 12lbs DA and about 5.5-6lb SA. D spring dropped the DA to about 8-9lbs and SA in the lower 5lbs. If i had known about the Langdon kit before i got all those other parts I'd have just bought that from the get go fwiw.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

At any rate, I've added one of the WC ultimate action tune trigger bars to my 92A1. I will say it did drop in on my gun without any fitting needed. What it did for my gun so far as i can tell is move the break point in both DA and SA a little further back which in turn accomplishes two other things which are advertised. First is it lessens over travel (which it absolutely did, my gun with the stock trigger bar had way too much overtravel), and it also allows you to use pretty light hammer springs while keeping reliability with primers because the hammer gets a little more arc in its swing.

The kit comes with a few different weight hammer springs and my gun popped all the different primers i tried with the lightest spring in the kit, which was 12lbs. I settled on the 13lb just for a little more margin for error with primers. My DA breaks just under 6lbs and my SA is about 3.25-3.5lb iirc. DA is smooth as hell but can't say if it was from the trigger bar or the Elite II hammer i added previously. Reset also seems to be a tad shorter.

As an added note, the WC action tune was the last part i added to my gun. I previously added the WC steel short reach trigger, 16lb D spring, and the aforementioned hammer. Nothing else done to the internals after the trigger bar install.

This is my first/only Beretta currently so I'm not sure what kinds of results others are getting with swapping in similar parts. My completely stock trigger pulls were around 12lbs DA and about 5.5-6lb SA. D spring dropped the DA to about 8-9lbs and SA in the lower 5lbs. If i had known about the Langdon kit before i got all those other parts I'd have just bought that from the get go fwiw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reset is the main thing I'm interested in. I have the other things you mentioned on my A1.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Reset is the main thing I'm interested in. I have the other things you mentioned on my A1.
View Quote
It'll be a tiny bit shorter than stock but you'll still have a bit of take-up after reset before hitting the wall to deactivate the FPB.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:25:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It'll be a tiny bit shorter than stock but you'll still have a bit of take-up after reset before hitting the wall to deactivate the FPB.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the kit with the Wilson hammer also. Works with their 11lb main spring.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 2:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder which is better---the LTT trigger job or the Wilson "Action Tune"?  They use some of the same parts.

By next week I should have a Brigadier Tactical and an Elite LTT both with their respective trigger upgrades and I look forward to the head-to-head.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wonder which is better---the LTT trigger job or the Wilson "Action Tune"?  They use some of the same parts.

By next week I should have a Brigadier Tactical and an Elite LTT both with their respective trigger upgrades and I look forward to the head-to-head.
View Quote
Probably going to be very close, I believe Langdon taught the wilson guys.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looking forward to reading a comparison between these two.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The LTT TIB is outstanding, it doesn’t get any better.  Get it with the Wilson Hammer and you will have Wilson parts and work by the guy that taught Wilson how to do trigger work.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The LTT TIB is outstanding, it doesn’t get any better.  Get it with the Wilson Hammer and you will have Wilson parts and work by the guy that taught Wilson how to do trigger work.
View Quote
This and a lo pro Wilson safety may be my Christmas present to myself this year.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Looking forward to reading a comparison between these two.
View Quote
Both are good but the LTT trigger job is better.  Slight advantage DA, huge advantage single action.

At first I was really down on the WC Action Tune but my gun also had the CS spring upgrade and needed a bit to settle in.

I haven't failed to ignite any WWB or AE9FP primers with either.

In theory though both use 13lb hammer springs there should be a bit more safety margin with ignition since it uses the WC trigger bar.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:33:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Both are good but the LTT trigger job is better.  Slight advantage DA, huge advantage single action.

At first I was really down on the WC Action Tune but my gun also had the CS spring upgrade and needed a bit to settle in.

I have failed to ignite any WWB or AE9FP primers with either.

In theory though both use 13lb hammer springs there should be a bit more safety margin with ignition since it uses the WC trigger bar.
View Quote
Is fit and finish equal on both the LTT and the WC?
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:41:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is fit and finish equal on both the LTT and the WC?
View Quote
I haven't been into the guns to examine the difference in the altered components.

Unless you're just referring to the overall guns?
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I haven't been into the guns to examine the difference in the altered components.

Unless you're just referring to the overall guns?
View Quote
Just overall impression. Thanks for your opinion.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got no real complaints but I can say that they are typical US-made Beretta, but I got lucky and they aren't "Gallatin Gremlins" like a lot of people are getting.

Not on par with my Italian M9A3s though.  Just the typical stuff you've always seen on 92s---a few scratches or chips here and there.

It's been said that Beretta treats them no different on the factory floor.  If you buy from Wilson and LTT with their work done you get an added layer of QC since they obviously handled the gun at least.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top