Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2022 5:38:24 PM EDT
Edit: Picked up a WC Brig Gen 92G!

Hey everyone,

On the prowl for a higher end Beretta. Mostly range toy. Long term value wise is key, just in case I get bored of the gun and would like another down the line.

Looking at a Wilson Combat Beretta, without an action tune. Discontinued from what I gather. Is this model desirable or will it be of value in the future?

Other option I’m looking at is a LTT Elite I believe it has a factory trigger job if purchased direct from Langdon. Comparable price to the WC.

Initially, I was looking for an M9A3 in black, as a 9mm suppressor host. But after looking At the above two models, wouldn’t minding spending a tad more for more overall value.

Can anyone recommend one over the other?

Looking to diversify my arsenal a bit more.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d probably buy the Wilson for investment since it’s a factory high end model. The Beretta is getting a cult like following like the 1911 after it was replaced. LTT will be a rarity some day too. Only problem with it being LTT isn’t as well known so that could be a gamble. I’d buy the M9A4 over the A3 though if that’s the route you choose.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Assuming you don't want an RDO, I'd buy the Wilson Centurion Tactical.  It you do want an RDO, LTT is the easy choice.  I don't have an LTT, but I have a shitload of his parts in other Berettas and have never been disappointed.  I do have both a Brig Tac and an M9A3 and prefer the Wilson overall.  The main reason is that I like the original style decocker vs. the G conversion.  It's also smoother, has a better trigger, and I like the sights better.  I really can't tell a difference in accuracy.  FWIW, my Brig Tac has the Wilson trigger job and I added the LTT trigger bar to it.  I did the trigger job on the M9A3 myself, also with the LTT trigger bar.  It's close, but the Wilson is still a bit better.

I don't anticipate any of them being overly collectible in the near future, but if I had to place a bet, I'd bet on the Wilson being more collectible than the others just based (presumably) on lower production numbers and the Wilson name.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d rather have a Langdon trigger job than a Wilson, but I guess you could do that to either one
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Leaning more towards the WC now. Big fan of the m9a3/a4. However I would have loved it in black. If they were more common, I would have went that route immediately.

LTT price actually went up like $20 on their website since a few days ago! Not a big deal, but funny how it happens when I’m shopping for one. Hah

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two Wilson’s and one LTT. I wish I had 3 LTTs instead. I compete with a Beretta
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:15:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to be posting an LTT Elite 92G for sale here next week when it hits my FFL. Got it through a trade. The price will be fair.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve owned all three of them and the Langdon is definitely my favorite for sure. The Wilson comes in second place. It’s a nice pistol for sure, but the Langdon is smoother and the trigger is one pound lighter. I actually ended up selling the m9a3 and bought a 92x which I really like as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I should have bought a Wilson Brig Tac when they were readily available. The LTT is also very nice.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I see that Beretta has a version and Langdon has their own.

Is the only difference is the trigger job that comes if it comes from Landon?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see that Beretta has a version and Langdon has their own.

Is the only difference is the trigger job that comes if it comes from Landon?
View Quote

As far as I've heard, if you don't buy from Langdon direct, its just a stamped name on the side.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I prefer the m9a1 frame on the LTT

ETA: as an FYI when I ordered direct from LTT I paid no tax.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

As far as I've heard, if you don't buy from Langdon direct, its just a stamped name on the side.
View Quote

Sounds about right.

Quoted:
I prefer the m9a1 frame on the LTT

ETA: as an FYI when I ordered direct from LTT I paid no tax.
View Quote

Great thank you!
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 3:35:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I picked up the WC Brigadier General 92G w/ a action tune and mag guide. Gun is a few years old but is in mint condition.
Im pretty happy with it. However as this is my first Beretta. I have a question or two...

Is it normal after racking the slide for the trigger bar to not be engaged to hammer sear? When i rack the slide, I slightly pull the trigger, very audible click appears to be the pop the trigger bar back up. No functionality issues, gun shoots great. Just an odd feeling to have a slight click before a single action trigger pull.

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Didn't watch the videos, but something is definitely wrong there.  I'm guessing someone had it apart in the past and screwed up on reassembly.  If you're comfortable taking it apart (it's really pretty easy) you can probably trouble shoot it with the help of some Youtube videos.  I'm guessing that something is messed up with the trigger bar spring (under the RH grip panel) which is causing your trigger issue.  The slide release could be a mag spring issue, or the grip could be rubbing the slide stop.  Try pushing in on the slide stop and see if it moves in at all.  You could also try loosening the LH grip slightly to see if that makes a difference.  If loosening the grip helps, you'll need to remove just a bit of material from the underside of the grip and polish it up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ll try and take it apart when I’m back in town.

I didn’t think too much of it, since my FNX 45T, does the exact same thing. It’s annoying but I’ve read it a safety thing.

However, I didnt believe that a aftermarket beretta should do this. Unfamiliar with this platform.

If it were the trigger bar spring, dislodged or stuck/dirty. Would I be able to fire the gun flawlessly though? No Issues firing the gun in DA/SA.

This video shows the exact same situation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Beretta/comments/r1qj5b/is_this_trigger_slop_on_the_m9a4_normal/

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Mixed feedback so far. Any WC owners input?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Trigger bar spring is broken or improperly installed.

Pic from pistol-forum.com showing proper orientation
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I have both a BrigTac (with action tune) and a full house LTT NP3 92C (2020 build date).  The Langdon trigger is better.  However, once I installed an LTT Optimized Trigger Bar in the BrigTac, the difference essentially disappeared.  

ETA:  I really enjoy both of these firearms.  TBH, the Wilson is a bit smoother in operation (the slide action is crazy smooth) but the 92C is as reliable, accurate, and enjoyable.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for sharing!

Im really liking the WC Brig Tac. But i might have to pick up a LTT. The NP3 parts have to be super smooth.

BTW does your WC have the trigger click i was describing above by chance?
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing!

Im really liking the WC Brig Tac. But i might have to pick up a LTT. The NP3 parts have to be super smooth.

View Quote

My BrigTac does not have that problem.  My suggestion is to call Wilson, explain the issue, and ask if they are willing to look the pistol over.  They have always been exceptional when i've spoken to them.  My guess is you might have to pay some shipping but they will look it over and make it right.

ETA:  I would replace/inspect the trigger bar spring.  That is very easy to do and cheap.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Appreciate the feedback! Im probably going to pick up a LTT trigger bar for my WC and change the trigger bar spring regardless.  Seems like that is the consensus.

Any issues with fitment for you?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 7:55:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I picked up the WC Brigadier General 92G w/ a action tune and mag guide. Gun is a few years old but is in mint condition.
Im pretty happy with it. However as this is my first Beretta. I have a question or two...

Is it normal after racking the slide for the trigger bar to not be engaged to hammer sear? When i rack the slide, I slightly pull the trigger, very audible click appears to be the pop the trigger bar back up. No functionality issues, gun shoots great. Just an odd feeling to have a slight click before a single action trigger pull.

Attached a video. Easier to see than explain.

https://youtu.be/Dnggpp2eNhM

https://youtu.be/yPJ7uUAEES4

View Quote

before I installed my LTT Trigger job in a bag my 92x did this... I removed the grips and watched the trigger bar. I don't know if my observation will help or not, but the trigger bar was slightly getting hung up on the full rearward position where it contacted the base of the hammer. I polished both the base of the hammer and the rear of the trigger bar and it would still creep up(with no click) when slowly racking the slide and pulling the trigger slow , but at normal speed it was smooth.

First pic shows the area of contact I am talking about, as you can see even my new LTT trigger bar is hanging up on the new EliteII hammer which I have not polished either yet...  the second pic shows area to polish.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#24]
here is the original trigger bar and hammer and where I polished to  eliminate that slight hangup... hope this helps...

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Appreciate the feedback! Im probably going to pick up a LTT trigger bar for my WC and change the trigger bar spring regardless.  Seems like that is the consensus.

Any issues with fitment for you?
View Quote

Zero issue.  I've installed two LTT OTB's and both dropped right in.  I think it is mandatory for any 92.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
here is the original trigger bar and hammer and where I polished to  eliminate that slight hangup... hope this helps...
https://i.imgur.com/jku4Q1y.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zc3IN8H.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gHl0QFk.jpg
View Quote

Appreciate the help with pictures.

I’ll have to take a look when I’m back in town. I haven’t had much time to troubleshoot.

But I know for sure that a LTT bar  is a must and hoping it will drop in nicely and eliminate any of the above.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Zero issue.  I've installed two LTT OTB's and both dropped right in.  I think it is mandatory for any 92.
View Quote

Ordering one this week! Can’t wait.

Fwiw, I actually did contact Wilson two weeks ago. Showed them exactly what I showed here and they said it was normal for a Beretta.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My BrigTac does not have that problem.  My suggestion is to call Wilson, explain the issue, and ask if they are willing to look the pistol over.  They have always been exceptional when i've spoken to them.  My guess is you might have to pay some shipping but they will look it over and make it right.

ETA:  I would replace/inspect the trigger bar spring.  That is very easy to do and cheap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing!

If memory serves wilson doesnt warranty the brig tac. Beretta does. Now if wilson does a trigger job on it maybe then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top