Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2022 12:01:42 PM EDT
I recently purchased a 365XL as a new carry gun. Picked up a Tulster holster, swapped the cheese grater clip for a kydex j-hook and was pretty happy but was considering a grip sleeve or similar to add just a bit to the grip width/length (I have big hands not "lumberjack" big, more "E.T. fingers" big).

Saw mention of the WCP365xl here so I grabbed one and it's perfect. No perceptible weight increase and the higher undercut combined with the extra length/width have it fitting better and pointing very naturally.

As an added bonus:

When I racked the slide on my 365XL and started to pull the trigger I'd feel a "clunk" (mag would visibly shift). I tried removing/re-installing in the factory module several times and the issue didn't go away. Assume it was slight movement of the FCU in the factory grip module.

Once the FCU was in the Wilson Combat module, that "clunk" was completely gone and everything feels rock solid. I removed/reinstalled it a few times and nothing changed. Guessing maybe the WCP is slightly tighter. Whatever the reason, I'm glad to be rid of the "clunk".

TL;DR: WCP365XL adds the right amount of thickness and feels 100% solid.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the review. I have a P365 that I’m not crazy about. I think I’m either going to sell it or convert it to a P365X with the Wilson Combat grip module.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the review. I have a P365 that I’m not crazy about. I think I’m either going to sell it or convert it to a P365X with the Wilson Combat grip module.
View Quote

I added the grip module and it made a big difference for the grip size. But I have to swap out my mags to 15rd mags
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I added the grip module and it made a big difference for the grip size. But I have to swap out my mags to 15rd mags
View Quote

Yeah I would have to come up with some mags if I go that route.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can use your 10rd mags in the X/XL sized module but it requires swapping out the base plates...Tactical Development sells a conversion base plate just for this purpose.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I upgraded my P365 with an XL grip module.  I had 3 12 round mags so I just bought the XL base plates for 'em.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You can use your 10rd mags in the X/XL sized module but it requires swapping out the base plates...Tactical Development sells a conversion base plate just for this purpose.
View Quote

I knew you could swap the base plate on a factory P365 12rd mag, but didn’t realize it was an option for the factory 10rd mag.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, you rock! I just swapped out my P365 frame for the larger XL frame, and was forced to spend $50 for a XL 10 round mag, as my stock mags wouldn’t fit anymore ( which I knew they wouldn’t ) but $50 for a mag, damn…. I stumbled across this thread on a whim, and immediately ordered up a set of two base plates for my stock mags. Thank you so much for posting that bit of information, as you just saved me about $100
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know how to determine what you're saying? Maybe you just mean you want
15 round magazines?

I just changed to a Wilson Combat XL grip module on my Sig P365XL and
"I don't have to use 15 round magazines", the 12 round mags work perfect.

I really love the WC grip module, it changes the grip of the 365 to fit perfect for me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dude, you rock! I just swapped out my P365 frame for the larger XL frame, and was forced to spend $50 for a XL 10 round mag, as my stock mags wouldn't fit anymore ( which I knew they wouldn't ) but $50 for a mag, damn. I stumbled across this thread on a whim, and immediately ordered up a set of two base plates for my stock mags. Thank you so much for posting that bit of information, as you just saved me about $100
View Quote
Glad I could help, invoice is in the mail...it certainly is an option especially if traveling to or through a mag restricted State.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Perfect carry pistol with 14 rd Maguts.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine started life as a standard 365.  Went with the WCXL frame as well on mine and much prefer the added length.  I keep the original grip and 10 rounders around just in case I really need to hide it.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/EF7i1ntl.jpg
View Quote

Hey did your tactical development part you added to the rail of your 365XL fit exactly or did you do some
mods to make it fit. I ask because yours fits perfectly and I have a 365xl with a Wilson Combat module
but from the pictures it didn't look like it would fit the WC module without trimming it?

I was looking forward to ordering the accessory to the rail but wanted to find out if it would fit or if it
needed some trimming to make it fit
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Where did y’all purchase these?
WC, Palmetto, Primary Arms all out of stock.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Just go mine.  Like the feel.  I have big hands and this allows better grip.  Still need to shoot it but I also noticed it eliminated the “clunk” with the Sig frame when you pull the trigger the first time.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Where did y'all purchase these?

Thanks
View Quote

Armory Craft
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Armory Craft

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Armory Craft

Thanks

Or sign up for in stock alerts at WC.  They’ll be back in stock at about 4 AM in a couple days, and will be back out of stock an hour or two after.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#19]
To those who have switched to a Wilson frame, do you have any holster fit issues now?
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
To those who have switched to a Wilson frame, do you have any holster fit issues now?
View Quote

Nope.  Fits the same in all the places it counts.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hey did your tactical development part you added to the rail of your 365XL fit exactly or did you do some
mods to make it fit. I ask because yours fits perfectly and I have a 365xl with a Wilson Combat module
but from the pictures it didn't look like it would fit the WC module without trimming it?

I was looking forward to ordering the accessory to the rail but wanted to find out if it would fit or if it
needed some trimming to make it fit
View Quote

Worked perfectly on stock and Wilson grip module
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got the P365 Wilson grip module in today and it's not the upgrade I was hoping for. I have size S hands and the palm swell doesn't feel right for some reason. I like the front and back stipple, but the starburst pattern seems to protrude too much. I'm going to test shoot it at the range to see if it performs better than the stock grip before deciding what to do with it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Where did y’all purchase these?

Thanks
View Quote

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/grip-parts/grips/wcp365-wcp365-xl-grip-modules-prod145604.aspx
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#24]
IMO, it's an absolutely necessary upgrade.  The factory grip is too small for it to be a serious shooter in my hands.  The WC grip turns it into a different gun without changing the overall size in any significant way.

I was not going to keep my 365XL until I got a WC grip.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#25]
If you don’t mind waiting 7-10 days Optics Planet has great prices, free shipping and 10% off coupons are everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got one from SigGuy. He takes PayPal and I had some funds available.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#27]
The WC-Pro Ledge magazine base pads look like a useful add on with the WC Grip Module.ModuleWC-pro Ledge base pads
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:59:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/EF7i1ntl.jpg
View Quote

Why add the rail if you don't have a light on it?  Just curious....
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 1:16:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Absolutely love mine. Huge upgrade.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally ordered mine yesterday after I put it off for months. One for my standard P365 and one for my XL.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone have the mag well that sig sells that goes with these?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

100% agreed. I went with tan.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#34]

I plan on picking up a tan too.

I find that most of the time I'm carrying in church so the tan would blend in much better with khaki pants.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Installed mine last night. Very nice upgrade. Only complaint is, there is some movement between the slide and the front of the grip module. Not horrible but still bugs me. This is on my XL.

My standard P365 fits perfect.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Installed mine last night. Very nice upgrade. Only complaint is, there is some movement between the slide and the front of the grip module. Not horrible but still bugs me. This is on my XL.

View Quote

I have the same issue, std 365 and one XL are tight, the other XL has a hair of movement.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

My FCU moved inside of the factory grip module when I took up slack in the trigger. I hated that.

WC doesn’t do that.

I still intend to grab an aluminum grip module at some point.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I guess I’m the only one who think that grip looks super gay.  I just can’t get past it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#39]

I shot mine a little today!

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I guess I’m the only one who think that grip looks super gay.  I just can’t get past it.
View Quote

I did too at first, but it helped fill my paw better, I got over it pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#41]
P365X with the XL Wilson Combat Module and Pinky Extensions.
Ordered from Armory Craft  , good communications, quick shipment.

Haven't shot it yet, but the fit and feel is nice.
The texture of the Wilson Grip is a bit rougher than I expected, definitely won't slip in your hand.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top