Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2019 11:24:01 PM EDT
I've already got a TLR-6 on my Shield, would like to have one for my Gen 4 Glock 26. I know it's possible because they sell a combo kit containing one light/laser module and multiple (empty) frames to fit different handguns. So obviously they stock empty frames. It's a smart buy if you own multiple guns it fits and don't mind swapping them out as needed.

Anyway, I just need an empty G26 TLR-6 frame, anybody know if Streamlight will sell me one or a different source where I can get one?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#1]
doesn't seem worth it to me. With how cheap you can get them on sale just get a second whole set up. Then you won't need to mess with switching stuff back and forth or rezeroing every time you change.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
doesn't seem worth it to me. With how cheap you can get them on sale just get a second whole set up. Then you won't need to mess with switching stuff back and forth or rezeroing every time you change.
View Quote
That's true but I hate to spend a Benjamin on something when Streamlight might sell me what I need for <$20.

But you're right it would be much more efficient not having to swap and rezero. If I could get a G26 one on sale for a good price I'd consider it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've seen people sell the bodies from the kits in the EE. I only remember because @03RN snagged the one I needed at that time, right before I saw the ad.
View Quote

My wife doesn't even really use it. Mostly because she can't find a holster she likes for the shield with tlr. She generally carries her M15 anyways.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 4:59:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I actually found one locally that's pretty kickass. Which was surprising because CA gun show and locally made.

Perfect for AIWB, although I doubt she carries appendix? If so let me know and I will see if I can find their business card. Think I have it somewhere

ETA belt clip pivots for cant/no cant, sliding system instead of 1 or the other.

https://i.imgur.com/UgsFP2n.jpg
View Quote
Thanks
We have a similar one. She doesn't like kydex for any inside the wasteband carry but I had one of those galco nylon holsters with the magazine pouch attached that actually works ok and she'll wear it occasionally. It just doesn't accommodate the tlr6
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I actually tried to see if Streamlight would do that.  They said no.  They did offer to sell me the kit at a slight discount.  Probably should have taken them up on the offer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I actually tried to see if Streamlight would do that.  They said no.  They did offer to sell me the kit at a slight discount.  Probably should have taken them up on the offer.
View Quote
Thanks for that info, saves me a call at least. Maybe I'll try anyway and see about that discount.

And thanks to the rest of y'all for info about holsters for the Shield/TLR. Since I'll be needing one. I've actually owned the TLR-6 for a while but didn't keep it installed long because I absolutely LOVE the PJ Holsters I carry my Shield in. By far the nicest made kydex holster I've ever seen, and carries beautifully. When I looked they didn't make a TLR-6 bearing model, although I should probably check again since it's been a while.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#10]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks
We have a similar one. She doesn't like kydex for any inside the wasteband carry but I had one of those galco nylon holsters with the magazine pouch attached that actually works ok and she'll wear it occasionally. It just doesn't accommodate the tlr6
View Quote
@03RN I had Warbird Leather (of 1911 fame) make one for me, OWB leather for a shield with TRL 6. It's fantastic to carry. He hated making it so not sure he will do others, but it's comfy and easy to hide.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#12]
You should just put a wtb ad somewhere.  Maybe you’ll find someone that bought the kit and doesn’t want the glock housing.

But really I’d just buy a new one, and keep one on each pistol.  They are great for the price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top