Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2020 10:28:45 PM EDT
Posted this in the wrong spot before. If anyone can help please click the link or do the @Happy2shoot thing. Thanks!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Why-won-t-the-mag-safety-disconnect-come-out-Anyone-have-a-great-video-/4-192614/
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Some BHPs let you just punch the little pin out and remove the disconnect easily, without taking everything apart. Later(?) ones don't let you.

You'll probably have to pull the entire trigger assembly. There's all kinds of stuff on the web about how hard it is to punch out the main trigger pin (without scarfing up your frame). BHSpringSolutions has a specially ground punch for the right/conical side ("Removal Solution"), the side you should hit. I guess I was lucky, because I did this years ago without it, taped up the frame with electrical tape surrounding the pin, and didn't have to use much tapping force.

I found the hard part was getting the assembly *out*. That damn disconnect makes it a really complicated twist. You rotate the trigger out of the trigger guard by pulling it down out of the frame, and simultaneously rotating the tip of the trigger counter clockwise towards the top of the trigger guard, more than you think you should need to.

That's the best way I can describe it, because the video that gave me my a-ha moment has been removed. (the animated BHP disassembly one on YT just magically removes the trigger, impossibly).

Once the assembly is out, punch the little pin and remove the plunger and spring. But now that you have the trigger out, replace the 3-coil/wrap trigger spring with the older MKII 2-coil one, so that you have enough reset pressure (the magazine disconnect provided some). Get the Wolff spring here BHP Wolff trigger spring

It's a moderately complicated operation. Good luck..
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My pin was in pretty darned tight, if that's what you are struggling with.  There is also a right way and wrong way to drift it.  But I forget which way it is.....  Someone else here knows though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Trigger pin is drifted out from right to left on the Browning Hi-Power. They can be a PIA, trust me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, if my memory serves me I bent a punch doing mine.  And that was even doing it the proper way, I believe.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trigger pin is drifted out from right to left on the Browning Hi-Power. They can be a PIA, trust me.
View Quote
I found the main issue is the trigger spring sits in the groove of the trigger pin. It's a strong spring, and sometimes the groove is cut rather deep on some pins. If you can push down the leg of the trigger spring with a tool to displace it partially out of the groove, WHILE tapping right to left, you don't need as much force. That's best done with another set of hands and eyes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#7]
And ear muffs.  LOL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top