Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2022 3:30:52 PM EDT
I know the M&P after market is not even close to the realm of Glock or 320's, but why the hell aren't there any slides for the M&P series.
There are a few for the 1.0's, but damn it would be nice to find a 5" black slide for my 2.0 since I can't seem to find a buyer for the FDE 5" I have.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
yep, I also have a five inch fde 9mm 2.0. I never liked the fde slide & would have traded it for a black version. I don`t know of a way to strip off the ceracoat without screwing the slide up.  maybe someone here has an idea.
I know....
trade it for a dickfer, or a henway or the gun from heat...
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yep, I also have a five inch fde 9mm 2.0. I never liked the fde slide & would have traded it for a black version. I don`t know of a way to strip off the ceracoat without screwing the slide up.  maybe someone here has an idea.
I know....
View Quote

Strip bead blast with the softest material that still cuts. Likely walnut shells and cerekote.

Or just cerekote over.

Btw I believe ed brown offers factory 2.0 slides
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Strip bead blast with the softest material that still cuts. Likely walnut shells and cerekote.

Or just cerekote over.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know....

Or just cerekote over.

4.25" only versions unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Floyds custom shop. For m&p stuff. They’ll sell you take off slides too in the secret stash section on their site.

This used to be an FDE 5” slide, not black but I had it recerakoted (and might notice some other things)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Good work and faster and cheaper than you would expect.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Floyds custom shop. For m&p stuff. They'll sell you take off slides too in the secret stash section on their site.

This used to be an FDE 5" slide, not black but I had it recerakoted (and might notice some other things)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435001/742FBCC9-9692-493F-97F1-4DDE684C8755_jpe-2441197.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435001/458A6E8A-E6C7-4EF0-92D7-B3A0E26F5AFC_jpe-2441198.JPG

Good work and faster and cheaper than you would expect.
View Quote

Cool. But $340 is high considering I just need the slide, but I may break down and get one.
Don't want any customization though.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#6]
i bought my m&p with regular sights i wish i had opted for the slide cut and suppressor height sights. hopefully either smith or the aftermarket will offer an affordable cut slide soon.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Faxon makes a slide for the M1.0 which can be used on a M2.0 frame if you also install an M1.0 slide lock. Ditto that with the M1.0 PC CORE kits that still pop up for sale from time to time. Ed Brown makes an M2.0 slide which is essentially just a slightly tweaked Faxon slide. You can also buy OEM slides off the Ed Brown sights or you can find used slides on eBay or Everygunpart.com and have them customized.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Faxon makes a slide for the M1.0 which can be used on a M2.0 frame if you also install an M1.0 slide lock. Ditto that with the M1.0 PC CORE kits that still pop up for sale from time to time. Ed Brown makes an M2.0 slide which is essentially just a slightly tweaked Faxon slide. You can also buy OEM slides off the Ed Brown sights or you can find used slides on eBay or Everygunpart.com and have them customized.
View Quote

Yea, I've looked at ebay gunbroker, but most are 4.25" or 4.25" complete slides. 5" slides are hard to come by and all are expensive IMO. But I guess I'm just not down with the "new normal" of gun parts pricing.
I was keeping an eye out on a PC 5" 1.0 kit on gunbroker but lost interest when it got bid up to $350.
Not sure if I can use my 2.0 barrel in a 1.0 slide, so maybe a complete 5" 1.0 slide wouldn't be a bad idea.

I did remove the thumb safety and the stupid LCI. S&W shipping sucks ass though. I ordered a small backstrap and FDE frame plugs on 6/13 and they still haven't shipped it out.

Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Shoot me a PM. I might be able to help.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I am looking for a milled slide for 1.0 and 2.0. Just a basic slide that I can mount a red dot. I do not need a $4-900 tricked out slide. Still looking for decent budget priced mag extensions and mag well for 1.0 and 2.0.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Bought a stripped black slide for my 3.6 bbl, 2.0 a few years ago from Numrich. Had it milled for an optic.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top