Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2020 5:20:11 PM EDT
The XD 45 subcompact mod2 (or regular) was on my list of cool guns I wanted someday. So I go to their web page the other day and it's no longer listed. Seems dumb to discontinue that configuration.
Why can't they just make a double stack XDS? Call it XDS-W (widebody) it'd compete with the Glock G30S. Some people like to carry more than 6rnds of .45 and some people want something bigger than 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
^ ?
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It's to bad. I think you need a .45 sub compact. I just bought my second XD9SC because it looks like you are slowly discontinuing models in that line. I'll probably buy a 3rd. The XD subcompact feels better in the hand than a Glock 26.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
.45 Hellcat in the future?
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.45 Hellcat in the future?
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We discontinued all the XD Mod2 line.  I am not sure why, but on a personal level, I really liked the Mod2.  I have several and the grip feels the best of any striker fired gun I've ever felt!
View Quote

I believe the only gun left with the Mod. 2 frame is the XDS, correct?

I picked up an XD Mod. 2 SC in .45 a little under a year ago for a smoking deal from a local shop.

I assume that was the beginning of the Mod. 2 frame purge, along with a lot of the stainless slide models across the entire XD line.

Its a shame because the Mod. 2 frame is super comfy, I was looking forward to adding a fullsize to my collection too. Just have keep an eye out for one used I guess.

ETA:

Kudos to your CS department. Had to ship my Mil-Spec back for some warranty work recently. Turn around time was exactly as stated and the whole process was easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top