Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 10:11:34 PM EDT
Lower production or ???  I don't get it.  Makes no sense at the prices I'm seeing.  Not when a black 92fs is $499ish
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, supply and demand.

If more were available prices would be lower.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, supply and demand.

If more were available prices would be lower.
View Quote
is that the case though?  Isn't the MSRP significantly higher as well?  I don't think it is strictly a case of market demand driving up a price of a limited run item.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lower production or ???  I don't get it.  Makes no sense at the prices I'm seeing.  Not when a black 92fs is $499ish
View Quote
Costs a whole lot more to apply that Inox finish than the crap paint that comes on the black 92FS slide.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

is that the case though?  Isn't the MSRP significantly higher as well?  I don't think it is strictly a case of market demand driving up a price of a limited run item.
View Quote
I don't know about that.  There is a seller on Gunbroker with 28 Inox 92s for sale at 650 each.  Pretty cheap for a pistol.

That isn't really that much higher than lots of people are listing regular 92s for.  Of course, you can shop around and find bargains on the more-available 92FS down into the 500s simply because they are always around.

The Inox guns I always see selling for 800-1000 are the ones that aren't around anymore.  The Vertecs, Brigadiers, the straight-dustcover 92s.  92Gs, etc.

A used, slanted/angled dustcover 92 Inox doesn't gather much, if any, of a premium.  The last time I bid on a mint (but still used) straight dustcover 92 with the old grips and controls I thought I might get it for 600-650 as no one was bidding.

Then a flurry of bids came in the last 15m that kept extending it and it sold for 850.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Costs a whole lot more to apply that Inox finish than the crap paint that comes on the black 92FS slide.
View Quote
It's stainless steel. I want Beretta to make another run of Inox non railed 92 pistols.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's stainless steel. I want Beretta to make another run of Inox non railed 92 pistols.
View Quote
They must have just done a run, they are widely, widely available on GB right now.

Going rate is about 650.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Current production Inox should only be $100 more or less, and most of the small parts are standard black.

Full inox from the 2000s can be had for $6-700 if you are lucky.

If you want a full inox from the 90s they are $900+.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top