Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2022 11:27:25 AM EDT
Thinking about one of these as my next handgun. Never owned a CZ before.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and it’s my favorite poly CZ.  Gun is very accurate and shoots softer than my all steel CZ SP01.  The gun makes me look like I know how to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Superb pistols.  I bought 2 consecutive serial number versions.  My 2 youngest boys are 3 years apart in age.  I gave 1 to each 1 when they turned 30.  With the strict instructions that they would not ever sell or trade them.  They are both quite happy with them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have the suppressor ready P09.

Mine is a plain old P09.  It is, in spite of all the many brands of other pistols I've bought, the most accurate center fire semi-auto pistol I've every shot.  Check out Joemustang99's video's on you tube to see him shooting his P09 9MM at 100 and 200 yds. at paper targets like most of use at 10, 15 or 25 yds.

I second the soft shooting comments in an earlier post.  First time I shot mine my mind was getting a fuzzy feeling about whether or not the pistol was firing.  I knew it was, I could see the holes in the paper and hear the noise of the round going off, but the recoil was so soft it just didn't feel right (I'd just finished up a couple boxes of .357 SIG through my M&P full sized pistol.)

If you decide you want to upgrade it (not talking accuracy, but trigger pull/feel) check out the Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom web sites.  Lots of parts to make the trigger pull what you might want it to be.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a regular P-09.  I love it.  It is cajunized and is my most accurate pistol.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:18:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a P07 Suppressor Ready. Fabulous pistol, and great value. Mags are a little pricey, but not a big deal.

The trigger is fantastic, the controls are big and easy to manipulate.

The factory thread protector doesn't stay on very well without a ton of torque with a tool. Buy a cheap O ring from the hardware store to help secure it just with finger strength, or a SilencerCo thread protector with an integrated O ring if you prefer a little cleaner setup.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Not suppressor ready.  P-09 easy to shoot well it makes me look like I can shoot.  I consider my self slightly above average so reality tells me lower 35%. No extra trigger work, bought a drop in Barrel from performance machine. It is a hoot to shoot suppressed.  Very dependable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up buying this instead. It’s almost a cross between a Glock and the polymer striker fired CZs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#8]
CZ P09 is my favorite CZ, very soft shooting, very accurate. Its my favorite hammer fired poly. My Favorite poly striker is Canik Rival or Canik Elite Combat. Those 2 Caniks have better triggers than even my CZ Shadow 2. My Shadow 2 sits in the safe now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ended up buying this instead. It’s almost a cross between a Glock and the polymer striker fired CZs.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34777/CA28E62D-631E-419F-BD6D-34B673222414_jpe-2357984.JPG
View Quote

What is it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is it?
View Quote

Looks like a Steyr A1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top