Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2020 4:02:40 AM EDT
ETA... N/M I just bought the stuff to try it myself.

I picked up a new revolver & need a descent holster for it. Have not found anything online I like. Anyone here can make one like this?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm certainly no expert, but that looks well done to me!
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm certainly no expert, but that looks well done to me!
View Quote

Just to be clear I did not make that one that's just a picture I found online. I hope mine turns out that good or better.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a lot of experience.

IM me and I would be more than happy to give you the ins and outs
of making a Kydex holster for that type of pistol.

James
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a lot of experience.

IM me and I would be more than happy to give you the ins and outs
of making a Kydex holster for that type of pistol.

James
View Quote

James has made me two seperate holsters. I like my owb holsters to ride a tad bit lower than most available. James made it exactly as I was looking for. +1 for his holsters.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just to be clear I did not make that one that's just a picture I found online. I hope mine turns out that good or better.
View Quote

Oops! Sorry for my confusion. I just re-read it and realize I misinterpreted what you wrote. ??
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I did make a couple holsters a long time ago, the type that are 2 pieces of kydex with rivets down both sides.  I’ve got a press put together and I’ve made a sight channel and I have a “ recessed pocket “ for the screw attachment point.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#7]
My stuff came in today so I was able to try it out. I ended up getting the Kydex just a little bit too hot but not so much that I messed up the look. I’ll put the attachment point across from the cylinder I see now that I should’ve put it lower. When I go to draw it the muzzle end of the gun wants to pull away from my body and not slide out smooth so I added the string to tie it to my leg. I had intentions of just putting rivets to hold it closed but it was too tight so I had to put screws with rubber washers to give a little relief. My kydex must’ve shrink a little when I heated it because I should’ve had enough to cover the trigger guard but I came up short. I think it turned out pretty good but I did also learn a thing or two. I still need to finish the edges and maybe remove a little more kydex here or there.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top