Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2020 1:39:28 PM EDT
I have a STI DVC 3 GUN. STI says Dawson Precision but, they aren't taking in work right now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same gun and Primary Machine milled mine no problem for an RMR. Assuming you're going RMR, you’ll either need to provide or buy from them the Trijicon RMR 1911 Mounting kit, or alternatively Primary Machine makes their own RMR 1911 mounting plate for a lot cheaper. However with the latter you lose the provision for a rear iron sight if that matters to you. Additional notes to consider...The front sight included with the Trijicon branded RMR mount kit has a Novak cut, but the STI dovetail is slightly different so I had to hand fit it. Additionally I discovered the front sight was probably intended for a .45 so it was way too tall for the STI 3Gun in 9mm in my experience. I just run no front sight, and if I could do it again I'd have just gone with primary machine's cheaper mount plate. I think they can mill 1911/2011 for other optics as well though.

Here’s mine. It’s actually wearing an SRO now though
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Another thing that can make the POA/POI off with the sights Trijicon provides is how deep the slide has to be milled in the first place. Depending on the type of dovetail in the slide, it has to be milled to different depths, which will have a big effect on POA/POI. IMO Trijicon should offer the kit with no front sight so the end user can get the correct height they need later on. 90% of the time either the dovetail is wrong all together to use the front sight or the POA/POI will be off.
I suppose their intention is people will use the kit with a blank slide so none of those things are an issue, but yeah...99% of people aren't using it on blank slides. lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Another thing that can make the POA/POI off with the sights Trijicon provides is how deep the slide has to be milled in the first place. Depending on the type of dovetail in the slide, it has to be milled to different depths, which will have a big effect on POA/POI. IMO Trijicon should offer the kit with no front sight so the end user can get the correct height they need later on. 90% of the time either the dovetail is wrong all together to use the front sight or the POA/POI will be off.
I suppose their intention is people will use the kit with a blank slide so none of those things are an issue, but yeah...99% of people aren't using it on blank slides. lol

Quoted:
I have the same gun and Primary Machine milled mine no problem for an RMR. Assuming you're going RMR, you'll either need to provide or buy from them the Trijicon RMR 1911 Mounting kit, or alternatively Primary Machine makes their own RMR 1911 mounting plate for a lot cheaper. However with the latter you lose the provision for a rear iron sight if that matters to you. Additional notes to consider...The front sight included with the Trijicon branded RMR mount kit has a Novak cut, but the STI dovetail is slightly different so I had to hand fit it. Additionally I discovered the front sight was probably intended for a .45 so it was way too tall for the STI 3Gun in 9mm in my experience. I just run no front sight, and if I could do it again I'd have just gone with primary machine's cheaper mount plate. I think they can mill 1911/2011 for other optics as well though.

Here's mine. It's actually wearing an SRO now though
https://i.imgur.com/zKlDyKEl.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. I'm not worried about the iron sights. This is purely a competition gun. Besides, what's the failure rate of an RMR?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem is that the really good guys quickly develop a backlog of work.

Delivery time goes out, prices go up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top