Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2020 2:27:22 PM EDT
I’m hearing that safariland has come out with new holsters for optic/red dot pistols.
I’m looking for a retention only holster for my smith and Wesson m&p 2.0 core with Holosun 507c v2 and SureFire x300ultra
I’m not seeing any options for 2.0 core. Only the 1.0 core. Maybe it’s the same dimensions? What retention level do you guys recommend? Will be running the holster on a eagle operator gun belt and have the necessary adapters to attach holster

Don’t want a strap on top
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a 4.25" M&P9 2.0 threaded barrel with a RMR and Streamlight TLR-1 on duty. I run a Safariland 6395 (low ride)  for a 5"  M&P9L CORE with a light. I believe the part number is 6395RDS-8192-131. But that is for right hand, low ride, STX finish with ALS (no hood).

Go to Safariland's website and use their "Holster Finder" program and input your criteria. It's too easy.

Safariland 6395 RDS
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The M&P 2.0 is same dimensions as the original.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The M&P 2.0 is same dimensions as the original.
View Quote

I asked safariland about using a 1.0 with a 2.0 holster and this was the reply I got.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I asked safariland about using a 1.0 with a 2.0 holster and this was the reply I got.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/361826/Screenshot_20200907-083502_Instagram_jpg-1581183.JPG
View Quote

Yup, was gonna post this. Make sure any ALS holster you get for a 2.0 is made for a 2.0, not a 1.0.

The ALS mechanism locks into the ejection port to lock the gun into the holster. On the 2.0, the slide is a little thinner at the cut on the top of the slide at the ejection port than the 1.0. In contrast, the wider part of the slide below the ejection port, where the frame rail cuts are, is a tad wider on the 2.0. Because of this, if you try to use a 1.0 holster for a 2.0, it is possible to let the gun release from the holster without hitting the thumb release, if you twist the gun in the holster enough. such as if you were trying to defend against someone grabbing the gun. Alternatively, I have heard that the 1.0 locking bar can lock a 2.0 in the holster, to the point that you can't get it out without disassembling, and possibly ruining, the holster.

It shouldn't be a big deal now to get a 2.0 holster. Just make sure it specifies that it fits the 2.0. When I tried to get a duty holster for my personally owned 2.0 for my PD job, 2.0s were relatively new on the market and I had to order directly from Safariland, because 2.0 holsters weren't out in the wild yet. Safariland couldn't tell me how long it would take, just that they were working on a fix and would ship me one when they had it worked out. It ended up taking 8 weeks from time of order to receipt of the holster. It wasn't really a big deal since I wasn't able to qualify with the gun for some time after receiving the holster, but it was frustrating because I had no holster to train with the gun while I waited for the qualification date. Shouldn't be a big deal now, like I said, just make sure the holster specifies it is for a 2.0.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice. Thanks for the correction.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top