Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I would recomend the full size version of whatever you have and carry now.

G19 then go for a 17 or 34.

M&P - grab the full size or 5 inch.

etc.

Keep the commonality, unless you have some oddball carry gun or single stack where there is no full size variant (G43, Sheild, XDS, etc) then just grab their big brother.

I have been thinking of similar, but getting away from different guns and focusing on just one style, M&P. I have a 9c 1.0 (the wife is slowly trying to take it over) and after buying/selling/trading for different guns I keep coming back, so it tells me its right for me. Im planning on grabbing a 5 inch with light for "kit" gun as you call it and a house gun, and either a 2.0 SC or 3.6" compact. I have enough magazines to choke a horse with so that helps in the decision.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am building up my boogaloo kit and looking for a pistol that will be reliable and run 99.99% of the time. I'm looking to purchase locally to help a shop around here and also online retailers don't ship to Colorado if it comes with a "high capacity magazine". I do have a suppressor that I'll be running, so raised sights and threaded barrel are needed. Stock with that is great but willing to add separate. Here's what I'm looking at:

- M9A3: comes with everything I would need and additional mags wouldn't be difficult to source and not crazy expensive. I've always wanted one and I love metal frames and hammer fired.

- CZ 75 Tactical or SP01 Tactical: same as the berreta but about $200 less. Mags are usually not cheap and holsters can be semi difficult to find. Definitely hard to work on the internals, but I've loved my previous CZs.

- Glock 45: the only Glock I've enjoyed shooting and was accurate with. Definitely way easier to find any parts for too. However adding threaded barrel, raised sights and since trigger parts adds up super fast.

- Sig P320: Well the Army chose it because it was cheaper than the Glocks. Not sure if I should consider it, but there is a P320 X5 Legion around here that looks cool. Same price as M9A3 though.

What would you choose? Anything else I should really consider for this application? I'll definitely be running it in training and USPSA comps since those are great for training as well (not trying to win against
STIs).

View Quote

The Model 45 can be bought with an OEM threaded barrel and MOS and suppressor height sites.  LGS in my AO has had several of them.  I don't know if they are a distributor exclusive or what.

Similar to this.  NOT MOS but could be cut pretty cheaply.  LINK

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Commando_Guy:
Se a lot of comments that Glocks suck as suppressor hosts. Why is that? (not that I'm a Glock fan, just curious what the shortcomings are)

Nick
View Quote

They unlock just a tiny bit sooner than Sig's or czs or hks.  More blowback.  That's been my only issue.

Just don't wear a nice shirt when shooting it.

OP, get a G19 if you want a striker fired gun.  Get a P10C SR if you don't want a Glock.  Get a CZ P07 SR if you want hammer fired.  

All have 15rd mags, and all have higher cap mags available.  Having personally shot several hundred suppressed rounds from my P07, it's an excellent host gun.

Pistol suppressor on boog gun is a bonus, not the de facto way you'll be deploying it.  So don't sweat how well or not well a pistol shoots suppressed, you won't use it often.

Having had every non Glock out there except an M9 I've come to the conclusion that a 9mm Glock mag pistol is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two of your choices and both are excellent choices. The CZ 75 didn't come with night sights (a requirement for any combat pistol) and I sent the slide to Cajun Gun Works for them to attach night sights. My Beretta M9A3 came with night sights. The one advantage that the Beretta has over the CZ 75 is the light rail (another requirement for combat pistols). I bought a CZ 75 threaded barrel for my CZ's, which had to be fitted by a gunsmith. I also bought several 30rd mags for the Beretta  and CZ also sells 26 rd mags for the CZ 75, but, they cost about $65 while the Beretta mags cost $35 brand new. Because of the light rail, included night sights and threaded barrel, and less expensive 30 rd mags, I'd say Beretta for the win.

" />

" />
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I’d get the Glock for a 9mm or if you decide the .45 is an option then a USP Tactical.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
I'd vote M&P for simplicity of striker firing. The M&P, USP, M9, and P226 are the best shooting 9mm's in my opinion.

https://s12.directupload.net/images/200430/e7k39bsx.jpg
View Quote

Nothing wrong with the G19, but I sold that and went with both a 4" and 5" M&P 2.0. Far better pistols in every regard, and they fit my hands better.

Of those the OP listed, CZ would be my choice.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Tokarev.

Be water.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jeepnik:
1911A1
View Quote

This ...  A pistol 'on your kit' is a secondary weapon anyway.

'Merican G.I.s won three wars with that set-up, along with a few other skirmishes (e.g., the Mexican Punitive Exped.).
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This ...  A pistol 'on your kit' is a secondary weapon anyway.

'Merican G.I.s won three wars with that set-up, along with a few other skirmishes (e.g., the Mexican Punitive Exped.).
View Quote
Ha. Like it had a thing to do with the sidearm...
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:33:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Glock or P320. Only two from your list I’d trust with my life.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#11]
SP01   mags are $22
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I recently bought an M9A3 as my go to gun for such things.

I love it, I've made a few changes, and intend to install a Wilson short reach trigger at some point. My only complaint is that the front sight isn't all that quick to pick up on. I've been spoiled by Trijicon HD sights, and may install those also.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#13]
None of your choices are bad. Your list is all about preferences.

Out of your choices I like the M9A3 the best however for what you describe I just want a simple and reliable tool not a gun I spent a bunch of money on. For that I would choose Glock, M&P or 320.

I’m on an M&P kick right now so I would personally choose one of those but I don’t think any choice on your list is going to get you killed on the streets. All guns have their positives and negatives. All those guns are good and combat and/or duty proven (maybe not the exact models but the platform).

Pick whichever you like the most. The longer I shoot and more I train other people the less particular I get. There are some guns I do recommend avoiding, none of which are on your list.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a Beretta 92X Centurion (similar to the G45 dimensions) for $429--it was $529 and there's a $100 rebate (not sure if it's still going on). If I had it to do over again, I'd likely go with the full-size...since I NEVER carry it or the G19 now that I we have so many other options (43X / P365).

The 92X gives me everything I want in an M9--replaceable sights, vertec grip (with the full grip option), light rail, decocker only, etc.  I love the MEC-GAR 18rd FLUSH mags, but also have a few mec-gar 20rd mags, and a few beretta mags (18rds but sort of extended-fit). The 92X is my go to HD pistol when there's no time for the carbine.

However, due to weight, I think of my G19.5 MOS as my go-to-war gun, and I have like 20 mags for it. In that kind of scenario, I'd be depending on my carbine WAY more than my pistol, so it's just extra weight 99.99% of the time. Due to weight, simplicity, durability, and reliability, most of the Tier-1 units (in the US and all over) went to Glock...and then moved from 40 back to 9mm.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SIG P-226 for suppressor ready

Glock 19X for everything else.

View Quote

This
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top