Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2022 2:35:28 PM EDT
Buddy has a Shield 2.0 and I have a Shield Plus, the recoil springs appear to look identical and spring counts the same except the 2.0 bottom half springs are reddish brown and the Plus bottom springs are green. Maybe my internet search ability has weakened with my age but I can't find a single recoil spring advertised for sale online that specifically calls out shield plus, nor have I seen any pictured with the green recoil spring. Amazingly little forum posts coming up in searches either. I emailed s&w this morning and will update with how that goes when I can but wanted to throw it out here..

Where can I get a recoil spring for the shield plus? Are the reddish/brown ones advertised for the 2.0 the same/compatible?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
In for update (new Shield Plus owner).
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 5:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Spoke to S&W. The green colored spring is different and is the one you need for the Plus. The reddish/brown one you see everywhere for the 2.0 is "not compatible." Sounds like they're still working on getting replacement parts out in the wild but you can call them directly and order them. If you're nice they might send you one for free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top