Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2018 3:26:38 PM EDT
They're all on Walther's website, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere...

I know that S&W dropped the production of them, but isn't Walther supposed to be picking it up again?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
They have not been released yet. When will they be released? Well informed sources say, "Who knows?"
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
There are several explanations as to why Walther in Ft. Smith are yet to release these pistols to the market.

Legal problems with the German government, legal issues between Walther Ft. Smith and the mothership in Ulm, etc...

None of which seem plausible to me.  Until I actually see these things in the flesh on racks in a legit storefront, I am considering them nothing but vapor ware.  And ugly vaporware at that because of those hideous S&W rear tangs, and typical modern poor finishing that won't hold a candle to what Walther or Manurhin  put on the pistols in past years.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I've read it sounds like they may never actually release them. I remember looking at the website 2 or 3 years ago and doing some searches on when the new PPK's would be released and people were pretty cynical about about them at that time.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:59:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I've read it sounds like they may never actually release them. I remember looking at the website 2 or 3 years ago and doing some searches on when the new PPK's would be released and people were pretty cynical about about them at that time.
View Quote
The Walther crowd is quite a fanatical bunch and pooh-pooh anything old that's new again, laying claim that their "INSERT MANUFACTURE DATE CODE HERE" was the pinnacle of Walther lore.

Honestly, though, it more than likely has to do with the numbers and who is going to buy them?  These guns aren't cheap to produce and simply put, the Walther PPK/s is heavy and impractical (but James Bond cool) comparative to other, cheaper, readily available conceal carry guns already to market.

I'm a Walther guy, but Ft. Smith would have to hit an absolute homerun out of the gate in regards to reliability and craftsmanship if they ever actually brought these to see the light of day.  Feasibly, I just don't see it happening at this point.

Best start searching for a nice, used one.  For the price point you will likely pay for a new release (if they ever are released at all) you could likely find an extremely nice Interarms example all the same right now...or S&W for that matter if the tang and/or stainless floats your boat.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
In a recent podcast from a reputable source walther reps stated an early 2019 release was expected for the US made PPK. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to reference the site that does the podcast, if your interested pm me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
A 2018 Walther PPK would sell in the dozens.  Maybe.  And I say that as a fan.  I love my post recall Smalther PPK .   I even carry it on occasion.  Is it a practical platform in this day and age?   Hell no.  Overpriced.  Heavy.  Horrible da trigger.

But damn the James Bond is strong.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
They are shipping in December ( it’s 11/30/18 today ) .
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Still waiting.......

I have one in 22 caliber and would like the real 380 version.

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Just get a .32 and be done with it . I have several and just traded my .380 off for a S&W pre 27. I hate the .380 ppk.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:54:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like they are showing up in local gun stores. I stopped in my LGS and found one. He claimed it just came in that morning and he didn't expect it to last long. It didn't as it came home with me. Beautiful!
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Talked to walther rep at NRA show.

The walther stainless .380’s should be shipping now. The black walther .380’s will be coming end of July
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get a .32 and be done with it . I have several and just traded my .380 off for a S&W pre 27. I hate the .380 ppk.
View Quote
The Ft Smith PPK's have the big goofy beavertail like the S&W did, so it doesn't leave train tracks on your hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top