Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2018 10:06:54 PM EDT
Bit the bullet and ordered my first suppressor need a threaded barrel now.  Anyone have any experience with non-factory threaded 45ACP 1911 barrels?
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushing or bull barrel?

I got a storm lake drop in for my mc operator. No complaints.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bushing or bull barrel?

View Quote
Same.  I have three storm lake 1911 threaded barrels (two 45 and one 9mm), no complaints.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Ed brown and storm lake are g2g

cheapo Swenson is good but likely will need to have the threads chased and you'll need a thread protector, barrel link, and link pin IIRC
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bushing or bull barrel?

View Quote
Bushing barrel, Was it truly a drop in? No fitting?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Basically nothing will be truly drop in and that’s not what you want anyway. Ed Brown is an excellent Threaded Barrel. I have one in my full custom springer it’s laser accurate.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with a Nighthawk Custom barrel that I had my local gunsmith fit for me. I couldn't be more happy with its accuracy. My Tirant M works great attached to it too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top