Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2020 1:19:28 AM EDT
Long time conceal carrier. Had a rotation for over 20 years, yeah - im old.  Glock 19 in winter and 26 in summer for 20 years.  Then had a few more $ available and went to a lightweight 1911 commander size in the winter or when i had cover garments and a sp101 or g43 in summer.  Was fat and happy for years with this setup, always carried at 3 to 5 position iwb in summer and owb in winter.  

Fast forward to 2019.  I have wanted a Sig 228 for years and had a hard time finding any classic Sigs in my AO.  Was interested in the whole da/sa thing.  Found the M11A1 but it was not the same, seemed bigger than it needed to be.   Heard about the CZ75 and started looking into them.  Narrowed it down to either the PCR or P01 and figured i would buy the first one i found. Ended up the ccz custom sdp was the first one i found locally and bought the damn tging.  Was about twice as much as i was planning to spend but it has everything done to it that i would end up doing.  Fucking laser beam gun and its a compact.  

What is blowing me away is that within 2 weeks of owning this damn SDP i am not only carrying a da/sa gun but im also carrying aiwb as i found a dara aiwb holster here on the ee.  For whatever reason appendix is working with the cz where it did not with the glock or the 1911. It has changed how i think about appendix carry  

How the hell did i go from 1911 in leather iwb at 3 oclock for years to a cz kydex aiwb in less than 2 weeks? My whole opinion of concealed carry has been changed as this damn cz is the most accurate compact pistol i have ever fired. Wish i had discovered these years ago.

Has anyone else 'suddenly' discovered that appendix carry works foe them with the 'right` gun?

Rant off.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the master race
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TruckinAR:
welcome to the master race 
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The second gun I bought was a baby desert eagle which is a CZ75 clone. Super accurate.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]
previous M11 and current CZ owner here. No sense in even comparing the two, CZs are miles better than anything Sig produces en masse.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
welcome to the master race
View Quote

THIS  ! Every CZ I own is that accurate out of the box.  My favorite handguns bar none.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
previous M11 and current CZ owner here. No sense in even comparing the two, CZs are miles better than anything Sig produces en masse.
View Quote

Agree ! ????????????????
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Pistol pics!?  I cannot fap to a target!
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

try harder
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

try harder
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

try harder

Without knowing the distance shot at, it looks like he got that group at about 3 yards.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Here's a pic of the SDP
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I like Glocks for carry and defensive use but man my CZs practically shoot themselves.

My P09 is crazy accurate, I need to put a dot or scope on it and see what it can really do.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Appendix carry proves its worth if you ever need to draw while sitting in a vehicle.  Nice shooting there OP.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a p220ST. I'd trade it in a New York minute for a CZ 97BD.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I've carried a CZ po1 for 5 years now. with grips from haken peck(look up on CZ site) the grips are as good looking as when I brough them!, I;ve been a CZ fan since 2003(my wife brought me a CZ75 champion in 9mm,) it will be one of the last guns I ever sell. it's single action only and it's a "race" gun. iwth muzzle brake. you would never believe how accurate a gun can be till you shot it. they all shoot to point of aim and I've loaded 158 gr. SWC's in 9mm cases and my PO-1 loves the load! "O{" I have over 30,000 dry fires on my carry gun trying to break in the trigger some more(that's not counting what I've fired through it.(the PO-1) yes, I'm a "dealer", and I've brought, CZ's in pawn shops. if it's a CZ I don'[t even have to look down the barrel. if the out side is good the gun is good to go.(and no, I haven'[t been wrong yet.) and no, you can;'t do a trigger job yourself,(I tried, don't!!!) get a CZ gunsmith to do it for you and pay what ever he want for it/. I've had all the handguns that CZ makes at one time or another, but I'd carry my Po-1 any where,,, but a CZ 97 with the decocker wouldn't be bad either.(I really like the CZ97, with the decdocker) this is one accurate .45 Auto. all the CZ's I've played with and/or had where very reliable.
the CZ 82 and 83 are very accurate, reliable small pistols.  ( I reallly loved the CZ 52's, but I hate chasing brass on the ground at my age). and almost any CZ y9ou pick up will fit most hands.(by the way, My wife loves her PO-1 .) all I can say is, Try it, you;ll like it.
Pat
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Every pistol I buy gets compared to the CZs and found wanting.

Just put the FNS in the safe.  Aftermarket barrel and multiple brands/bullet weights and a couple sessions of working up reloads with different powders would not make it shoot like the P07.

Got a couple M&Ps that I'm figuring will also end up in the safe.  Aftermarket triggers and barrels got them close to the CZ's that don't shoot as well as the P07, P09, but not close enough to keep working with them.

Just got another P07 to see if it'll compare to the older P07/P09 I've had for years.  I've spent so much money on other brands and trying to find loads that will make them shoot good groups.  No luck so far.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Kinda like Paul wearing his stillsuit for the first time. It just seemed right.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#18]
She's starting to get some honest finish wear on her now but I think it adds character.  Still my favorite.  At some point I'll have to replace the grip tape but for now she's perfect just the way she is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#19]
CZ's?  Hell yes.

Appendix carry?  Hell no.

I bought my first CZ about 10 years ago.  Amazing accuracy compared to a handful of previously bought/shot/carried plastic and steel framed guns.

Every so often the look, or feel, of a non CZ pistol lures me into buying it.  Then I go to the range and feel that old disappointment when I can't get it to shoot like my CZs.  Different ammo, working up different loads, replacing triggers, barrels, etc. and still ending up with a gun that cost twice what my CZs cost but won't shoot the groups the CZs shoot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I went through multiple Glocks and Smith & Wesson's before transitioning to the CZ master race.

Last year I got a SP01 Shadow from CZ Custom since they're local to me, it is absolutely the best handgun I have shot and carried.

My last carry gun was a Staccato C2 Duo, I am much happier with the SP01 Shadow
Primary Machine does amazing work!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top