Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2020 10:00:34 AM EDT
I recently connected with a sister I didn't know I had, and she shared these pics of one of her handguns.  It has dual triggers and dual hammers and apparently has no rifling.  She can't find anything abut it and neither could I.  I'm hoping the wealth of knowledge here can break the code.  :)

Here is how she describes it...

"I am attaching a pic of my favorite gun. I have taken it to us marshals and gun enthusiasts, no one can identify it.  It's a Guven stamped 1976 numbered 036. It's a dual caliper 410/45. The 45 is a little snug. It's a hand gun with no ballistics rifling which makes it illegal. Ha ha."

I can't share the pics here directly, so I included a link to my Google Drive folder...
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_fpMg8ZgI72ZUlyTWR5bjVvUEU?usp=sharing
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Do I have to be a paid member to post images?  Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:40:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1911LVR:
Do I have to be a paid member to post images?  Where do I sign up?
View Quote

Need to host them somewhere else like imgur or photobucket, google doesn't always play nice.
Think you have to be a paying member to direct upload here.

I'll get them for you in a sec.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never seen anything like that before. Seems to be a mash up with a semi auto lower. I like it a lot. I wonder if it is one off?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#6]
That’s cool as hell. It looks like it was a factory made piece, not a cobble job. Looks like a “howdah” gun or something like that. I need one bad. It’s cooler than the short short pump guns they make now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Definitely looks like a one-off mashup
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Definitely a homemade job.

Technically an unregistered NFA firearm as the unrifled barrels make it an Any Other Weapon requiring registration.

Good thing her U.S. Marshall friend is either ignorant of the law or one of the good "Shall Not Be Infringed" type of L.E. agents.

Probably brought home from Italy or Spain by a returning GI stationed in Italy or Germany during the 1970's since that's the date on it.

Obviously a "Sneak" since it would not have been allowed to have been imported as an AOW.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:02:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1387Delta] [#9]
Not GD, please be helpful with an actual referral.  Edited 1387Delta
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:12:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TnMike] [#10]
It looks to be some variation of the TP-82.  It’s probably 12.5mm and may not be considered an NFA item as ammunition is nonexistent.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TnMike:
It looks to be some variation of the TP-82.  It’s probably 12.5mm and may not be considered an NFA item as ammunition is nonexistent.
View Quote

Thank you for the info!
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd send those pics to Ian @ forgotten weapons.  If anyone knows what you have it's probably Ian.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like 99% of the Basque made pistols that were common all over Europe once upon a time - though most were standard 9mm or other pistol cal,

I'd guess some local Basque-Bubba-shop in the region had some spare pistol frames and some spare 410 barrel sets, and someone said - "hold my cerveza..."
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 1:20:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:13:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fmj_shooter] [#15]
I'd like to see pics of the bore. I'll bet there is some kind of rifling if it's 410/45. Even shit rifling or barely existing rifling still qualifies.

I would just tell people its a flare gun

ETA. Or call it a tear gas gun. Anyone remember those smoothbore tear gas pen guns?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#16]
It is marked in Soviet fashion. Serial number with Cyrillic letters and year of manufacture. However it does lack any arsenal markings.  How it arrived in the US probably will tell more about it than anything.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Bump to keep it interesting.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:19:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TnMike:
It is marked in Soviet fashion. Serial number with Cyrillic letters and year of manufacture. However it does lack any arsenal markings.  How it arrived in the US probably will tell more about it than anything.
View Quote

I can't make out any discernable Cyrillic. Given then style of the grips, wood, font, and the prominent engraving of a swallow my money is on Asian in origin. Maybe Chinese. Likely a Vietnam bringback.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top