Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2021 10:49:16 AM EDT
Got an agency AOS cut with SRO mounted on a G45. What suppressor heights do I want? Agency does not provide much info and stated to get the Ameriglo GL-429. Are these the best? I’d prefer the height to be just enough to see through the glass without excessive height getting in the way.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
For an RMR, GL-429 is the way to go if you want a lower 1/3 co-witness. I don't know about the SRO.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For an RMR, GL-429 is the way to go if you want a lower 1/3 co-witness. I don't know about the SRO.
View Quote

Lower 1/3 or the lowest possible would be the goal
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you know if the base of the SRO is taller than the RMR's?

I have G19 with the AOS cut. I have a .360" tall rear sight installed. The bottom the sight window/cut out is about even with the top of the RMR's base. That is the lowest I would go. I have a .280" high front installed but I really need to shoot it more to verify that is the correct height front for that rear. The problem is I am recovering from carpal tunnel surgery and am not sure when I will be able to shoot.

I did sweat the height of the sights as I want the lowest you could go so I would not have these intrusive irons in the middle of the RMR. I have also shot another G19 with an RMR and the .395" rear the GL-429's have. I did not even notice them. Once you get switched on to using the red dot the iron sight height is not that big of a deal.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
GL429s work with RMR....

Not sure if that helps but here’s pics of my G17.5

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

How’s POA/POI with them and the AOS cut? Good enough for backups? @MONGO45
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes sir... I tested them at 15y and they grouped fine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top