Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2017 8:38:54 PM EDT
I bought a PPQ M2. What a great little pistol. Light, well made, ergonomic, has great trigger.

Why isn’t this more popular than Glock?

I also have the G19.  In comparison with the PPQ, it truly feels like a brick.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Its ugly like glock so Im not sure why.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the PPQ M2 in .45 and the PPS M2 in 9mm.  Both are awesome.  I've put about 500 through both without a hiccup, and they are both as accurate as any mass market pistol I've shot.  No regerts...
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the PPQ M2 in .45 and the PPS M2 in 9mm.  Both are awesome.  I've put about 500 through both without a hiccup, and they are both as accurate as any mass market pistol I've shot.  No regerts...
View Quote
How does the 45 shoot?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing. I've turned a few glock/sig fanboys into walther fans after they shot my PPQ.

The walther PPS is in my carry rotation. La pistola mas fina
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nothing. I've turned a few glock/sig fanboys into walther fans after they shot my PPQ.

The walther PPS is in my carry rotation. La pistola mas fina
View Quote
I took the OP to mean what is wrong with Walther's **marketing.** They put out a fantastic product, but their sales are plainly much lower volume than those of inferior products by competitors.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Parts availability.  After market support.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#7]
They used to charge too much $ (especially for the P88 but also the P99 until recently) and sold through importers like Interterms and S&W and they didn't sell the brand.

Now most people don't want to be different. They are everywhere in small #s. Marketing and brand have improved and they have a us presence.

I like them. I have 2 P99s, a PPS and a P22.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
S&W screwed them on marketing. By the time people saw it was all of Glock's mistakes fixed, Glock had too much market penetration.

Some Glock owners are ignorant and think they have the best pistol. Lots of their friends do. Conformation bias. So groupthink.

I have a PP, PPS, P5, P99 as and two P99 as compacts. And 11 other brand pistols, so I am able to compare and judge. Buy Walther.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Same as with Steyr. Lack of marketing. Although the PPQ has done a lot for Walther. It's a name you never heard unless it was old codgers yakking about P38s and PPks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing that's wrong is they ruined the PPS.  The original "M1" version was classy as fuck then they had to try and make it all curvy.  They tried to make it look more like the PPQ I think, and that doesn't work on a single stack IMHO.  Stopped carrying my M1 until I can get a 2nd one because I am afraid of something happening to it.   P99 is criminally underrated too btw.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#12]
The Walther PPQ has the best striker fired trigger out of the box no question, love it. However the Glock is a great design, really kick started this whole plastic striker fired thing. Not to mention the Glock has proven itself to be very durable and reliable. But I know plenty of guys who love their Walther's as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One thing that's wrong is they ruined the PPS.  The original "M1" version was classy as fuck then they had to try and make it all curvy.  They tried to make it look more like the PPQ I think, and that doesn't work on a single stack IMHO.  Stopped carrying my M1 until I can get a 2nd one because I am afraid of something happening to it.   P99 is criminally underrated too btw.
View Quote
IDK I have a PPS that I've owned since it was released and love it but when I first held the new version in my hand it felt great.  It actually seemed improved in the ergonomics.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a G19 and a PPQ also. They both shoot great. The Walther feels amazing in hand. The G19, not so much.

I don't see any problems.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#15]
The PPQ-22 is incredible as well.  Mine has never failed once in thousands of rounds.  Just an unstoppable machine.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Walther PPQ has the best striker fired trigger out of the box no question, love it. However the Glock is a great design, really kick started this whole plastic striker fired thing. Not to mention the Glock has proven itself to be very durable and reliable. But I know plenty of guys who love their Walther's as well.
View Quote
IMO the P99AS has the best striker fired trigger out of the box.  The PPQ is a neutered form of that trigger with the Anti-Stress part and the decocker removed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
IMO the P99AS has the best striker fired trigger out of the box.  The PPQ is a neutered form of that trigger with the Anti-Stress part and the decocker removed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
The P99AS has one of the best stock DA pulls I have ever shot and the SA pull and reset is unmatched. I was shocked at how short the reset was. Have one on my hip as we speak. One thing I think Walther can improve on is their CS. They changed over to a lifetime waranty and that is great, but they rarely answer emails, at least from my experience.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
...P99 is criminally underrated too btw.
View Quote
Very much so.

It should be the most popular 9mm on the market.  Walther's fault really - best modern 9mm pistol design in the world, and they botched the marketing, timing, introductory price, partner, a half-assed .40 cal version, goofy and confusing array of trigger variant models, crappy customer support - pretty much botched everything you could do on a business/marketing side.  They eventually pulled head-out-ass, now price them right, brought production back to German to fabricate them correctly, and provide no-questions-asked eternal warranty repair support - free shipping even.

You want the best general purpose 9mm pistol today - get a P99.  (P99AS for specific model number - which is the factory default model)
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#20]
They nailed it with marketing glock has the best marketing hype out there. My brother is a glock head and refuses to hold or shoot any other pistol. I told him the only reason was so he could say glock is the best pistol he has shot lol.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Best striker fired pistols ever produced, imho
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#22]
If you want an ass ugly polymer striker gun, Walther PPQ is the best.

Best trigger, ergonomics as well as accurate and reliable.

They put Glock to shame.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I am a Glock fanboy but owned a PPQ and loved it. I ended up getting rid of it because the aftermarket/parts were non-existant and mags were expensive, if they weren't I probably would have swapped Glocks for Walthers.

Handled a VP9 and found it similar to the PPQ as well, seemed nice.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
IDK I have a PPS that I've owned since it was released and love it but when I first held the new version in my hand it felt great.  It actually seemed improved in the ergonomics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed, I didn’t care for the PPS M1 (the grip was weird and the paddle mag release didn’t fit well on that one, though I like them in general). The M2 feels much nicer and the mag button is great. The strange part is I prefer the PPQ M1 and the PPS M2.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#25]
>>Same as with Steyr. Lack of marketing<<

I agree! I have a Steyr M9 that I love, but if I were to get another like gun it would be the PPQ, hands down.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I must agree that the P99AS is the most under rated pistol on the market.  Accurate, reliable, easy to shoot well under stress because of that great DA and absolutely top of the heap SA trigger (mine saved my bacon), and with the current pricing an incredible bargain for a very well built hand gun.

I held a Steyr at a gun show last weekend, and I have to admit I am intrigued by it, but it would just be a fun thing to have, never my primary,  I trust my P99s that much.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Nothing wrong with walther, have a manurhin ppk, a Zella Mehlis ppk , a Ranger ppk and a manurhin ppk/s . Love them all
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Walther has had some of the best marketing since the 60's being apart of every single (or at the least a majority) James Bond Film. So marketing is not nor has never been the issue but customer acquisition and availability of product has been the true issue for Walther.

I think if Walther Arms exisited before 1994 in any capacity the conversation might be whats wrong with Glocks?

Walther like most foreign companies (except CZ and Glock) have always failed to look at the American market as a legitimate market.

If Walther started focusing on the police market on more of replacing the snub nose revolvers with the PPK/S offered deep discounts like Glock did it would be a much more different map for the company.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#29]
My PPQ is what finally drove me away from Glock. There is just nothing the Glock does better. Everything from ergos, sights, trigger...all superior on the PPQ.

All the fanbois can come up with are some higher percieved recoil nonsense.

If any 9mm recoil is a problem, then it is you that have the problem.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Walther has had some of the best marketing since the 60's being apart of every single (or at the least a majority) James Bond Film. So marketing is not nor has never been the issue but customer acquisition and availability of product has been the true issue for Walther.

I think if Walther Arms exisited before 1994 in any capacity the conversation might be whats wrong with Glocks?

Walther like most foreign companies (except CZ and Glock) have always failed to look at the American market as a legitimate market.

If Walther started focusing on the police market on more of replacing the snub nose revolvers with the PPK/S offered deep discounts like Glock did it would be a much more different map for the company.
View Quote
Walther kind of marketed to law enforcement, well it was the Smith and Wesson SW99 that a few departments picked up but it didn't see wide scale adoption.

I think one of the drawbacks they viewed was they were DA/SA without a hammer and you have to look at the firing pin indicator to tell if was decocked. The other issue, although it has gotten better are holsters and other aftermarket items.

I personally love the Walther's I have, P99 full size, P99c (my daily driver) ppks for when I feel like Bond, PPQ M1, SW99 in 45 and the p22 for my son.

The best shooter for me is the PPQ and if they made the SC in the M1 with a paddle, I'd carry that every day.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I decided to go with team Walther on the concealed carry portion. Picked up a new Walther M2 CCP and out of 200 rounds had 9 malfunctions with 3 different types of ammo. Sig Independence and Fiocchi. First and probably last Walther I will purchase. It is currently grounded till I figure out the problem. G19 will be pulled out of the reserves side and back on active duty.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Should have bought the PPS M2
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I decided to go with team Walther on the concealed carry portion. Picked up a new Walther M2 CCP and out of 200 rounds had 9 malfunctions with 3 different types of ammo. Sig Independence and Fiocchi. First and probably last Walther I will purchase. It is currently grounded till I figure out the problem. G19 will be pulled out of the reserves side and back on active duty.
View Quote
That one is made in the airsoft plant. Just saying
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#34]

What IS wrong with Walther

Fun Store sent them my pistol for repair on October 1.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Nothing wrong with it........but

Made in the USA

Smith & Wesson Shield IMHO
is a much better firearm.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I shot a friends PPX last week. I've always considered myself an exceptionally poor pistol shooter, and really should get some instruction. I'd been shooting my 92fs, and then put a few mags through the PPX.

It was a revelation, at 7 yards my group sizes were a third that of the 92 and dispersed around my POA, not pulled right like with the 92. My first shot with the PPX drilled the bullseye.

I haven't shot any other Walthers, and it turns out the PPX is hammer fired and no longer made.

What current production Walther should I look at?
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#37]
This Glock fanboy wants a PPQ M2 (9mm) as a future/next pistol purchase.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bingo and I’m a Glock guy
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This Glock fanboy wants a PPQ M2 (9mm) as a future/next pistol purchase.
View Quote
Liked your PPS M2 that much?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I got a little package from the Brown Trucks Mortal Enemies just after I got home today:

My next pistol will very likely be another Walther.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I shot a friends PPX last week. I've always considered myself an exceptionally poor pistol shooter, and really should get some instruction. I'd been shooting my 92fs, and then put a few mags through the PPX.

It was a revelation, at 7 yards my group sizes were a third that of the 92 and dispersed around my POA, not pulled right like with the 92. My first shot with the PPX drilled the bullseye.

I haven't shot any other Walthers, and it turns out the PPX is hammer fired and no longer made.

What current production Walther should I look at?
View Quote
Creed replaced the PPX
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Buy a PPQ. You will thank us later.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Maybe because it’s a pita to get parts
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 12:41:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Creed replaced the PPX
View Quote
I picked up a Creed as my first Walther since CDNN has them so cheap. $20 mags was another factor.

It’s a great pistol for the money.

But what’s the deal with it? It’s not even on their website. Discontinuing it?
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Liked your PPS M2 that much?
View Quote
It's starting to grow on me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had a cracked PPS extractor. Called Walther, bought a replacement and it shipped to my doorstep in days. After replacing the extractor, I was sold on my PPS for life. Incredible gun. Truly incredible.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Parts availability, cheap mags, accessories, etc. my main pistol is a Beretta PX4, it's much nicer than a Glock and less money but like the Walther it just doesn't have the support the Glock has.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 1:18:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Nothing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:12:42 AM EDT
[#49]
It’s a nice gun with a marginal trigger and near zero factory or secondary support.
I had 2.
Now I have A Shield. Tons of accessories by lots of vendors. I can get anything I need or want.
Try that with Walther.
Glock is well supported also.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It’s a nice gun with a marginal trigger and near zero factory or secondary support.
I had 2.
Now I have A Shield. Tons of accessories by lots of vendors. I can get anything I need or want.
Try that with Walther.
Glock is well supported also.
View Quote
My PPQ fits me like a glove and is so well made and balanced that I don’t need any aftermarket parts for it to improve ergs or trigger.

Try that glock.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top