Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2019 11:34:15 PM EDT
I've carried my P11 for fifteen years now.  It is my go to pistol for all occasions.  Now that I see it is being discontinued by Keltec what is recommended to replace it?  I've been wanting to go to a .38 SPL snubnose for a while but am leary of the five round cylinder capacity.  I would prefer something that is chambered in .357 Magnum if possible and to have at least a six round cylinder.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Why replace it? Did it somehow become unreliable? (I'm assuming that it has proven to be a reliable pistol, since you have been carrying it.)
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 1:25:25 AM EDT
[#2]
If your P-11 works, just buy more of them. There are plenty out there.

Or, since the SCCY CPX-2 is a P-11 that supposedly works, there you go.

But then my P-11 never made it through 2 mags without a failure, I moved on to other pocket guns, and I don’t care if the SCCY does work.

ETA: the G43X/48 with the Shield Arms 15 round metal mags would be a possibility if you’re not pocket carrying. Pocket carry is G43, Kahr, or P365, or S&W 640/340. I’m sure there are a bunch of shitty Taurus pistols that would be similar as well. But that’s just an opinion, man.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]
my P11 works every time, 13 rounds of 9mm is good.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 12:36:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine still works like a champ even with my re-loads.  I am worried something will break or wear out and I will not be able to source parts for it.  I wish I could keep on using it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought another P11 just because but then ordered $60 worth of spare parts to have on hand. I'm changing my EDC back to the P11.

Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine still works like a champ even with my re-loads.  I am worried something will break or wear out and I will not be able to source parts for it.  I wish I could keep on using it.
View Quote
The parts that usually breaks or wears out are the ejector, extractor, pins, springs etc are really inexpensive. I bought 2-3 of everything I thought I needed so my 2 P11s will stay in the carry rotation for a long time.

BTW, my P11 has been 100% reliable and never broke a part.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Sig P365
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think there is or will ever be another P11. I believe it is the safest pistol even though it has no manual safety. You are not likely to pull the trigger by accident with that long, hard pull. The hammer can't be left cocked even if you could reach it. The titanium firing pin and strong FP spring eliminate the possibility of drop fire, throw fire or put it in a vise and hit the muzzle with a baseball bat fire. The thing is an inert object - until you pull that trigger through. However, I never was able to shoot it straight but I know it can be done - my son showed me one time at an indoor range, and I was amazed - the guy is a natural. So I'm probably going with a Taurus G3C. I've always liked the Taurus firing system and I've had a Gen 1 'Millennium' 24/7 Pro .45 for some years. When the 'recall' came out, I checked the gun for drop fire, throw fire, shake fire and everything else, and I couldn't get it to drop the striker, with the safety on or off. I like the re-strike capability of the DA trigger and the great feel of the trigger in DA or SA. But one of the main things is the Gen 1 really fits my hand well. I wanted a 'service' 9mm so I bought an HK VP9 - no way with any of the grip sets does it feel right to me. It also is single action only and has no safety - I should have done some research on it. Anyway, its for sale right now and assuming the G3 Taurus fits me like the G1, I will be buying a G3 and a G3C because they still have the same features I like. That is, when the prices go back down.
I suppose I'll keep the P11 indefinitely. It has never failed and has only about 100 rounds through it. Here's what I do with my carry pistols - I'll leave the ammo in them for at least six months. One day I take one to the range with no prep, just as I had it with me. I take it out of the holster, sight the target and fire. It has never failed this test. The other test is it has to fire two full mags with no problems. It has never failed that test either. No, the little blaster has been with me too long to just discard. I'll probably have it forever but I think I'm going to like the Taurus for CC.
Does anyone have an idea of why KT pulled the P11?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#9]
^^^^
once you get use to setting the trigger, it shoots accurate, over 400 thru mine and carry it alot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Did mcarbo stop making parts? Also "parts kits" show up on gun broker with everything except for the serialized parts for cheap.  You just have to  check regularly.   I think that these are decommissioned evidence locker sell offs but for the price who cares.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top