Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2018 9:18:18 AM EDT
I have decided that I'm going to be selling my CZ 75 Kadet .22lr in the near future, and I'm having a tough time establishing a baseline selling price/value for this particular pistol due to their scarcity and the pricing being all over the place.

I saw only one had sold on Gunbroker in the last 30 days, and it was in like new condition with the box and two mags. It sold for $899 + shipping.

I've seen people listing these for sale anywhere from $800-$1200. I rarely see factory complete Kadet pistols come up for sale, so it's tough to get a feel for what the current value is.

Here are the details for my Kadet-

This is not a kit gun. This is a factory complete Kadet pistol. All serial numbers on the slide assembly match the one on the frame. The year stamped next to the proof marks is 07, indicating 2007. These were discontinued in 2012.

Pistol is like new condition. I've only shot 30 rounds through it in the time I've owned it, and it just sits in the safe. Absolutely no scratches, dings, marks, etc. anywhere. Between the previous owner and myself, total round count is in the 100-200 round range.

I do not have the original box or paperwork. Unfortunately, the guy I bought it from tossed that stuff in the trash years ago. I have the pistol, two 10 round magazines, and the factory Kadet manual that I printed off from CZ's website. I will be providing a nice brand new nylon pistol case to ship it in as well.

What have you seen these selling for lately if anybody's seen one listed for sale?

I'm guessing most answers will probably be the same thing I've seen- somewhere between $800-$1000 on the high end. Worst case scenario I guess I could list it high and steadily lower the price until I find what somebody is willing to pay for it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#1]
If you do a sale post like your OP, and you don't post photos, most of the market won't waste time with you.

If you aren't in a hurry, go with a high price.  Your ad will be up so long with no photos, that you will have to take it down a few months and post a lower price later, with a lot of your potential market pissed at you. 

If you are in a hurry, find out how much bail money you need and sell it.

I would like a CZ Kadet for my collection, but if I am paying Smith and Wesson 41 level dollars for it, I am going to get another 41. 
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are some pics of the Kadet I have. The last photo points out a small flaw in the Polycoat finish, which is how it came from CZ.

This is fairly common with Polycoat from what I've seen with every CZ I've owned or handled with that finish. They all seem to have 1 or 2 small flaws in the finish somewhere on the gun.

I have Hogue wraparound grips installed on it right now, and I also have the original plastic grip panels as well.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I would never have guessed they would go for anywhere near $1k. I would have guessed maybe $500, but I too haven't seen one for sale in a long, long time.

I bought mine used, fitted with a threaded adapter back in 2008 for $465. That was a damn good investment if they're worth anything near what you're saying.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would never have guessed they would go for anywhere near $1k. I would have guessed maybe $500, but I too haven't seen one for sale in a long, long time.

I bought mine used, fitted with a threaded adapter back in 2008 for $465. That was a damn good investment if they're worth anything near what you're saying.
View Quote
That’s what happens when a slow selling but well built gun is dropped.  I think they were selling for $550ish when dropped.

Excellent accurate plinker trainer but not quite match as the springs are heavy for ignition and cannot be lowered much.  So it’s an odd duck with no true role.

I wouldn’t take less than 800.   Gunbroker is what you want.   Find the dude jonesing for one.  I would buy one.but I cannot place the value that high for me.  CZ triggers are long for me and i have to buy expensive kits to shorten them which isn’t even short enough.  I have 2 cZ pistols but I am done with them due to the trigger reach issue.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 2:47:29 AM EDT
[#5]
My lgs had 2 full Kadets last year they got on trade. I believe he told me $850 was what they were listed for. I wanted one soo bad, but too rich for me. But I was very tempted.  So yeah, from local, online, at least $800.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a coworker that routinely meets me at the range during lunch.  He’s brought his Kadet EVERY time.  He absolutely loves that gun.  It seems to work well, but isn’t as accurate as my Ruger Mk3.

He’s told me (over and over) he thinks it’s worth $800 even though it gets 50-100 rounds every other week. HOWEVER, it’s important to note this same guy found out another coworker’s father died and left him some guns.  The guy didn’t know anything about them so Kadet guy ran to his house with $1400 and came back with unfired Weatherbys, Winchester 12s, etc.

Personally, I’d like to have one because it is a nice “true” full size companion gun.  HOWEVER, I would never pay more than $450 for one because $469 gets me a brand new 9mm 75.  Im not cheap ... I have nice stuff ... I just have to see the value.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top