Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2023 3:23:28 PM EDT
I see they have a US plant but can't find any of their pistols in stock.  Anyone have a new Caracal?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If memory serves, that consortium got the pants sued off of them by HK due to patent infringement for the Bundeswehr rifle tender, and they lost.

I imagine they don't have the best of liquidity for production as a result.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking for info on their pistols, but I thought that was Haenel?  I believe one of the engineers that worked at HK, then Sig, then Caracal so it's possible.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm looking for info on their pistols, but I thought that was Haenel?  I believe one of the engineers that worked at HK, then Sig, then Caracal so it's possible.
View Quote
I could be very wrong, but figured your thread could use the bump as well.

I think I've seen 1, possibly 2 of their pistols in my life.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Didn’t Caracal have a substantial recall at some point?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes some years ago.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny timing on this, I just stumbled across an old note pad they handed out as SWAG at SHOT 2012 that I never used.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, the entire line of Caracal Model C pistols were recalled in 2013 for a “trigger issue”
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep, the entire line of Caracal Model C pistols were recalled in 2013 for a “trigger issue”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which was nonexistant, and sadly they quit making the compact entirely after that. I still have one of the original imports with the "Quick Sights" and it's a great little gun, possibly the best "rolling break" striker trigger ever made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top