Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/14/2020 10:59:11 AM EDT
Back in 2008 or so, I bought 3 of the Euro cop trade in P7 pistols, then pretty much promptly traded them for some other forgettable handguns.

Kind of like to get another one for range fun and possible carry. What is it going to cost me to get a decent shooter grade P7, don't need anything minty, don't need an M8. I've checked gunbroker, prices seem to be all over the place, hard to get a handle on what they are bringing in the real world. Haven't checked Armslist yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
It’s going to be hard to get into one for less than $1500 these days, and that may be a bit optimistic. Good luck in your search. I hope you find a deal on a shooter.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's going to be hard to get into one for less than $1500 these days, and that may be a bit optimistic. Good luck in your search. I hope you find a deal on a shooter.
View Quote
Sadly this.  I had to pass on those 2007-2008 imports as I didn't have the funds.  There were shooter grades for $600 in a lot of places.  I console myself with the fact that mags & parts are pricey/hard to get but that is not much comfort.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow. Okay guys, thanks!

I wish I had kept those ones I bought for $500. Hindsight and all that. Not sure I want to spend that much, lots of other decent handguns I can get for that $.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been checking regularly on GB and the P7s with the heel release are generally going for about 1400 on the worst examples up to and over 2k
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been checking regularly on GB and the P7s with the heel release are generally going for about 1400 on the worst examples up to and over 2k
View Quote
Okay and thanks!!

Mmmm. I think I may have missed the boat on these........
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember a gun shop outside McChord AFB back in around 2004 that had three in the case for $900 each.  He wouldn't take a penny less.

All these years later I'm still glad I kept my money.  Cool factor is off the charts, but that isn't why I buy handguns.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been looking for one as well.  I've got 1 of 2 of my grail guns, both of which so happen to be HKs.  An SP5 and now I'm looking for some iteration of a P7.  My dad had one long ago and that gun was so fricking cool.  I may just have to bite the bullet and throw it on the credit card if I want to get into one before they start reaching unobtainium prices.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Im searching as well, sold one off a few years ago and regret it.  I cant decide if I want an M8 or regular P7.  There are barely any on GB and some asking prices on there are
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Im searching as well, sold one off a few years ago and regret it.  I cant decide if I want an M8 or regular P7.  There are barely any on GB and some asking prices on there are
View Quote

The worst part is people are actually paying those prices for them. I want one as well to be a shooter. Would dump quite a bit of ammo through it. Ugh.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Agree with several of you. I want a shooter, not a safe trophy. Oh well, already ordered a custom holster before getting serious with the search. lol

I can always sell a new quality holster on the EE, I guess. Still may bite the bullet and bid on one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#11]
be patient, it's hard but there are still fair prices.  I'm gonna buy one any day now
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:32:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Sweet googa mooga they've gone up again in price.  Last time I looked the rough/worn ones were $1100.  Purple slide refinished were $1300 and nice all black ones were $1500.

Glad I grabbed two of those P7 PSPs when they came in as surplus.  Also got the P6 Sig's at the same time but they're kinda meh nowadays with other good single stack options. Still a hell of a deal at $250 ea and were my gateway into Sig's
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey you guys:

I am putting my 2 P7s, safe grade, M8 and M13  (original boxes, Nill & Factory grips) on Gunbroker this weekend unless someone wants to make a reasonable offer on either or both.
Also will be listing Alessi, DelFatti, VM2 holsters and mag carriers, Alessi Bodygard shoulder (M8 & M13 mag holders), and a bunch of magazines.
Both pistols are flawless, the M13 Virgil Tripp satin chromed 12+ years ago under 50 rounds, the M8 about 100.

photo link:
https://imgur.com/a/Z4p9zY5

Eastern Georgia, USA
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top