Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2021 9:31:30 PM EDT
What’s everyone running for a non extension base plate with the SLR magwell? I’ve got them on my 19.5 MOS’s and love the magwell but the factory base plate is all the way up in the magwell where it couldn’t be stripped if needed. The Magpul 15rd mags are perfect base plate wise but I want to stick to OEM mags for carry.

Anyone know how the Vickers would sit or have pics?

Edit: I forgot I had some Vickers here, I popped one on a mag and it’s sandwiched. It will lock in but you have to put pressure on it and it actually smooshed the corner just in front of the finger groove radius on both sides a little. It’s definitely not good to go as is and a little dirt or debris would definitely cause serious issues. Profiling that one corner with a Dremel would make them work but it would still be nice not to have to modify them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody uses an SLR magwell?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the SLR base plates with their magwell on my P80 G19
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one on my 19x, both factory 17 and 19 rnd mags fit just fine..

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a couple of the factory +2’s and they work great, going to pick up some more and set 20 of my mags up that way once those are obtanium again. I ordered 30 of the Vickers pads for the remaining mags and modified a few and they work great. All I had to do was just barely touch one edge with a sanding drum on a dremel and they work great. Going to do the rest when I have time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Here’s a pic of the base plates. The one on the left has the sanded down groove and clears properly and the one on the right is unmodified. About 2-3 seconds per side with a dremel and a fine sanding stone.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a couple of the factory +2’s and they work great, going to pick up some more and set 20 of my mags up that way once those are obtanium again. I ordered 30 of the Vickers pads for the remaining mags and modified a few and they work great. All I had to do was just barely touch one edge with a sanding drum on a dremel and they work great. Going to do the rest when I have time.
View Quote

I ordered a bunch from Botach a while back and they shipped within a day.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I ordered a bunch from Botach a while back and they shipped within a day.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up, I won’t spend another dime with that company though. They are the definition of shitbags.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Are you carrying this concealed? For non-CCW I just put G17 or G19X mags in them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you carrying this concealed? For non-CCW I just put G17 or G19X mags in them.
View Quote

Yes. The modified Vickers base plates seem to work fine though. It’s got enough lip to grab them to strip the mag, but also doesn’t add any bulk outside of the mag well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top