Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/30/2021 11:54:46 AM EDT
I'm guessing some type of optic ready configuration, but other than that, it's anyone's guess.

What are you guys hearing or speculating on the A4?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm guessing some type of optic ready configuration, but other than that, it's anyone's guess.

What are you guys hearing or speculating on the A4?
View Quote

First I’ve heard of it. In for info.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Would like to hear more too. In addition to optics ready, perhaps finally moving the safety/decocker?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven’t heard of it either but if it has a slide already milled out for red dot options that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
First I've heard of it too.  I would assume it will be milled for an RDO, have night sights, threaded barrel and rail.  Wish list items would be Centurion, frame mounted ambi safety/decocker, and switch back to the M9A1 style frame since I'm not a fan of the Vertec frame.  I wouldn't complain if they added an ambi slide stop either.

I'd actually really like to see them switch to a wraparound grip design like the S&W 3rd gens had where the grips cover the entire backstrap.  That way the grip options would be wide open.  They could even integrate interchangeable beavertails and magwells into a system like that.  The current plastic, rubber, and G10 options are an improvement over the Vertec frame, but they still leave that weird hump where the grip meets the backstrap.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
All I can hear is “ow, my wallet!”

Optics ready would be cool, but the slim slide doesn’t lend itself to it. I’m not a huge fan of the Vertec grip, I think the classic M9/92 grip shape is better.

Not really sure what else you can do to the design that doesn’t turn it into a 90-two Vertec.  Make it a 45 maybe.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Optic ready would be difficult unless they are going with the Langdon option. Also would be $$$$$$.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#7]
M9A4?  Did you pull that out of a hat?

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I can find NOTHING about a forthcoming M9A4 or any rumors pertaining to such.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
M9A4?  Did you pull that out of a hat?

View Quote

Pretty sure he did to see if anything was out there lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you have a source for this so-called M9A4 or did you just make this up?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do you have a source for this so-called M9A4 or did you just make this up?
View Quote

We'll see about the reliability of my source within a few weeks I guess.

ETA- Beretta is encouraging their employees to get fully vaccinated.

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe it's a typo?

I guess we will see.  I'm rewarding myself with a new Beretta if my ATF interview goes well tomorrow for my FFL.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm thinking a typo from a diversity hire in HR, who has never touched a firearm in their life.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm thinking a typo from a diversity hire in HR, who has never touched a firearm in their life.
View Quote

I'm not too familiar with the APX series, but Beretta's website doesn't show an APX A1.

Fat fingering a 4 instead of a 3 on M9A3 I can understand, but not adding A1 to APX.

@butternut please move this thread to GD if it isn't appropriate for the tech forum.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Pictures taken from another forum. Not exactly M9A4 but a 92x RDO. Optics cut based off the 92x Performance Defensive, not compatible with LTT plates. Price around $699 at drop shippers.

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#18]
found this

???

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/pistols/benelli-pistols/beretta-m9a4-special-package-pistol.cfm?gun_id=100644960
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm guessing Langdon can't be happy about this.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
found this

???

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/pistols/benelli-pistols/beretta-m9a4-special-package-pistol.cfm?gun_id=100644960
View Quote

Picture is of an M9A3.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't think so. Looks like they stole his idea, then did it half assed, which is weird considering the long relationship he has had with Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh.  Judging from the pictures this new model from Beretta won't mount the dot nearly as low as the LTT.  I don't think Langdon will be sweating it too much.  He'll probably still be able to sell every one he makes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Meh.  Judging from the pictures this new model from Beretta won't mount the dot nearly as low as the LTT.  I don't think Langdon will be sweating it too much.  He'll probably still be able to sell every one he makes.
View Quote

I hope you are right.  But it still feels like it will poach some sales.  Perhaps I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#25]

That's pretty definitive evidence for the M9a4.

If they're advertising them for company raffles they must be on the verge of release. Could explain why the M9a3 has basically ceased to exist too, if they're building up inventory for an M9a4 launch.

EDIT: Typo.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#26]

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9a4-full-size/

Pleasantly surprised at the MSRP. Was expecting a $200 premium compared to the M9A3 for the optics cut. Optics height is definitely taller. Toni System makes plates for the 92X Defensive (should be same pattern) that looks thinner than the plate shown by Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 6:30:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pleasantly surprised at the MSRP. Was expecting a $200 premium for the optics cut over the M9A3.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9a4-full-size/
https://i.imgur.com/ULML4t8h.png
https://i.imgur.com/6iMxoNOh.png

https://www.beretta.com/assets/12/7/rd.png

Pleasantly surprised at the MSRP. Was expecting a $200 premium compared to the M9A3 for the optics cut. Optics height is definitely taller. Toni System makes plates for the 92X Defensive (should be same pattern) that looks thinner than the plate shown by Beretta.
View Quote

They're launching with only FDE again? God fucking damnit. Time to settle in for the long wait again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Really wish for a centurion  model both threaded and unthreaded.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:20:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Interesting that the advertised mag cap is now 18 on the M9A4 whereas it was 17 on the M9A3. I wonder if they're using the tried and true Mec-Gar AFC 18rd design (I know Mec-Gar was already the OEM for most of their mags anyways).

ETA: From the product page for the M9A4: "...anti-friction magazines in 15 or 18 rounds..." Yeah, these are definitely the Mec-Gar AFCs. Very cool!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:06:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Interesting that the advertised mag cap is now 18 on the M9A4 whereas it was 17 on the M9A3. I wonder if they're using the tried and true Mec-Gar AFC 18rd design (I know Mec-Gar was already the OEM for most of their mags anyways).

ETA: From the product page for the M9A4: "...anti-friction magazines in 15 or 18 rounds..." Yeah, these are definitely the Mec-Gar AFCs. Very cool!
View Quote

Yeah, check the floorplate in the photos. I see those every day, that's 100% a Mec Gar floorplate in tan.

EDIT: BTW, Mec Gar is not their OEM, the OEM is MDS (part of Beretta Defense). I think this is the first time, at least in the 92FS era and later, they’ve used Mec Gar as the factory mags on a 92. Interesting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#31]
This is definitely why the M9A3 and the 92A1 supply has dried up.

I'm still on board with LTT for optics cuts in the near future even when these and other 92 Optic Ready models are available.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Lol I just bought a LTT RDO 2 weeks ago
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#33]
If you’re on Beretta’s mailing list, they sent out an announcement today for the M9A4.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you’re on Beretta’s mailing list, they sent out an announcement today for the M9A4.
View Quote

I received no such email yet from Beretta about the M9A4. Bummer. Yesterday, I received “Fall Hunt Guide Available Now” from them, so I know they know me ??.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I received no such email yet from Beretta about the M9A4. Bummer. Yesterday, I received “Fall Hunt Guide Available Now” from them, so I know they know me ??.
View Quote

Edit: Ok just received a M9A4 email and hour later. Obviously I'm lower Beretta tier, receiving release news hours after others have received .
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

You’re grossly overestimating how many people are going to be willing to pay an extra $300 now that there is a factory option that is “just as good”.

Not to mention there’s going to be significantly fewer guns being produced that will need the mod to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#37]
I already have one of each of the other M9 series, so I’ll definitely get one these, but I doubt I’ll run an optic on it.

The new trigger sounds interesting. Not the M9A3 was bad by any stretch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#38]
It is still a big bitch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It is still a big bitch.
View Quote

You mean perfectly sized.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You’re grossly overestimating how many people are going to be willing to pay an extra $300 now that there is a factory option that is “just as good”.

Not to mention there’s going to be significantly fewer guns being produced that will need the mod to begin with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not just the optic cut--Langdon's trigger is head and shoulders better than a factory 92 series.  But you are right, many will just jUstAsGud it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's not just the optic cut--Langdon's trigger is head and shoulders better than a factory 92 series.  But you are right, many will just jUstAsGud it.
View Quote

The thing is, until the M9A4 is released, it will only be conjecture about how close to 'just as good' they may be to a 'trigger job in a bag' or full hands on LTT shop build.

On top of that, I see no reason (short of a Beretta & LTT  dispute or breakup) why LTT wouldn't add the M9A4 to their in-shop lineup/offering, given the contemporary attributes that it has.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perhaps it will spur LTT to figuring out Brigs and/or M9/M9A1 slides for his optics cut.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It is still a big bitch.
View Quote

If you mean overall size, well, it’s a full size pistol. Not appreciably bigger than a 1911 or P226, and smaller than a USP.

If you mean grip, it’s a Vertec and with thin grips to boot… barely larger than a 1911 grip. It’s actually a hair too slim for me to get as good a grip on as my M9a1 with thin grips.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:25:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Glad I held off from getting a 92X or M9A3.     A factory RDS option is what Ive been waiting for.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 4:09:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It is still a big bitch.
View Quote

Too much gun for you to handle?
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:58:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is definitely why the M9A3 and the 92A1 supply has dried up.

I'm still on board with LTT for optics cuts in the near future even when these and other 92 Optic Ready models are available.
View Quote

You're saying that they are discontinuing the M9A3 for the M9A4?

Even if you don't care for the optic mounting interface you can probably still have Langdon mill the slide of an M9A4. At the same price as an A3 it's probably still worth it for the improved FCG parts if those turn out to be a substantial improvement.

They need to get ODG models to market pronto.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You're saying that they are discontinuing the M9A3 for the M9A4?

Even if you don't care for the optic mounting interface you can probably still have Langdon mill the slide of an M9A4. At the same price as an A3 it's probably still worth it for the improved FCG parts if those turn out to be a substantial improvement.

They need to get ODG models to market pronto.
View Quote

Yes, IMO the M9A3 doesn’t need to continue to be produced much longer when a ‘new’ generation of it introduced (M9A4).

Milling an already optic-cut slide is not a thing that I’ve seen. I don’t think LTT will be modifying Beretta’s M9A4 optic cut at all, but maybe have an improved optic plate available for sale.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#48]
I called a vendor this morning to see when they are looking to be getting any of the new M9A4s (primarily the 18-rd. version) and he told me it could be 90-120 days. He said Beretta is slow at getting anything out these days. Tomorrow, I will be putting a new M9A4 (18-rd. version) on backorder and wait. At their price, it is worth waiting for it. I bought a SIG M18 Commemorative from them a few months ago at a fantastic price.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like at least the frame is now anodized FDE vs cerakote. I can’t tell fully from the pics what the slide is.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Looks like at least the frame is now anodized FDE vs cerakote. I can’t tell fully from the pics what the slide is.
View Quote

Beretta's website only says it has a "wear-resistant FDE finish that is practically impervious to the elements".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top