Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2020 8:38:49 AM EDT

I am looking for some recommendations for an AIWB single mag carrier.  I am right handed so I plan to wear this mag carrier on my left side around 11 o'clock.

Let me know you guys are using and how you like them.  Post some pics too!
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the bawidaman vertical pouch because of the offset loop. Jmcustom second
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
JM Custom Kydex. Single Pistol Mag Pouch (SPMP)
There is nothing better and the owner is a class act too. Buy the optional neoprene mag pad. It tilts the mag back into your gut a bit more. Zero printing, zero roll out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#3]
In for answers
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's funny you mentioned Bawidamann.  I've run into Andrew Bawidamann on occasion at one at the local gun stores I frequent.

I was actually looking at this one.

http://bawidamann.com/vertical-uber-cc-iwb-mag-carrier-glock/
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
JM Custom Kydex. Single Pistol Mag Pouch (SPMP)https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/505129/1CE20BAE-ECB7-4CCA-B155-174D0D8AE333-1611809.jpg
There is nothing better and the owner is a class act too. Buy the optional neoprene mag pad. It tilts the mag back into your gut a bit more. Zero printing, zero roll out.
View Quote

Thanks, JM Custom is on the short list too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's funny you mentioned Bawidamann.  I've run into Andrew Bawidamann on occasion at one at the local gun stores I frequent.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the one I use. I also use a dcc clip. Lower profile and more flexible in its use than jmcustoms.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thats the one I use. I also use a dcc clip. Lower profile and more flexible in its use than jmcustoms.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1175861_jpeg-1645797.JPG
View Quote

Is that ride height and cant adjustable ?
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1175861_jpeg-1645797.JPG

Yes
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the comptac leather mag pouches, no pinching or scratching. I’ve used the g-code kydex ones too but always seem to go back to the comp-tax ones.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out  Neomag.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#11]
NSR Tactical

Mag pouch
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 For JM Custom Kydex.

I put it at 11:00, and it is very comfortable.  I like the solid plastic clip as it has good retention to my belt.  I would buy again if needed.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#13]
These now come standard with a DDC monoblock....  I'll probably order one for normal glock mags & g48 mags since they make one especially for shield arms mags.

https://www.henryholsters.com/product/foldovermagcarrier/

@Yojimbo
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#14]
@bdover

Thanks for the heads up on those mag carriers.  At those prices I will need to get one to try!

Quoted:
These now come standard with a DDC monoblock....  I'll probably order one for normal glock mags & g48 mags since they make one especially for shield arms mags.

https://www.henryholsters.com/product/foldovermagcarrier/

@Yojimbo
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#15]
@bdover

I ended up ordering one of the Henry Holsters mag carriers and have been using it for a few weeks.  It's been working pretty well for my needs.  Can't beat the $25 price and free shipping.   The DCC monoblock clip matches the clips used on my Tenicor holster so that was a nice touch.

The HH mag carrier seems to be really well made with an excellent clip and mounting hardware.

These pics are reversed , I took them looking into a mirror.

I have to say the Tenicor Certum Lux 2 holster makes carrying a fully pimped out G19 easy.  I can carry all day with this setup with no issues.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#16]
@yojimbo  Nice!  I'm going to be adding some depending on if/when my wife gets me carries for Christmas.   I love a simple mag pouch with the monoblock.  Holds it so nicely.  I might have to check out your tlr7a sometimes.  I'm split if I should get the high or low switches.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@yojimbo  Nice!  I'm going to be adding some depending on if/when my wife gets me carries for Christmas.   I love a simple mag pouch with the monoblock.  Holds it so nicely.  I might have to check out your tlr7a sometimes.  I'm split if I should get the high or low switches.
View Quote

@bdover

Thanks!  BTW, the good news is that TLR-7a comes with both high and low switches.  I have medium sized hands and prefer the the high switch for the thumbs forward grip I use.  It lets me activate the light with the minimum change to my thumb positioning.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
+1 For JM Custom Kydex.

I put it at 11:00, and it is very comfortable.  I like the solid plastic clip as it has good retention to my belt.  I would buy again if needed.
View Quote

+2 for JM, have one for my LTT.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@bdover

Thanks!  BTW, the good news is that TLR-7a comes with both high and low switches.  I have medium sized hands and prefer the the high switch for the thumbs forward grip I use.  It lets me activate the light with the minimum change to my thumb positioning.
View Quote

@yojimbo   Thanks!  I’ll probably order with medium installed.  How well does their Certum holster work?  I was looking at their aiwb one specifically.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@yojimbo   Thanks!  I’ll probably order with medium installed.  How well does their Certum holster work?  I was looking at their aiwb one specifically.
View Quote

@bdover

The Certum Lux2 is Tenicor's AIWB holster for use with compact light mounted guns.  It's the slimmer model without the body contour wedge the Sagax and Velo holsters have.  I find the wedge/contour features make it less comfortable for me and the flat back wears a lot nicer.

So far it's been a great holster.  I am still surprised how easy it has made carrying pistol with a mounted light.  I big part is probably how compact the TLR-7a is.  Tenicor has some really well thought out holsters, I highly recommend them.

Here's the back of the Certum Lux2.  The second pic shows the body contour wedge on the Sagax.  That seems to be the main difference between Certum and the Sagax.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top