Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2022 4:24:47 PM EDT
Just got in a FDE Dagger Doctor cut. Ready to pull the trigger on a Venom. What are you guys running? RMR... Doctor.. Cheap optics etc.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Holosun 507c (Green Reticle)
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
SROs on two carry Glocks (30S & 41 MOS) and a MRO ("Greenie") on an AR Pistol.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I put a 3 MOA Venom on my Advantage Arms optics ready 22 LR conversion kit.  I like it fine and I bought mine from AA optics where I have a LE/mil discount.   A Friend has several Venoms both 3 & 6 MOA but I prefer the 3 MOA.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

ditto
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
RMR on my "main" full size handgun for use with nods. holosun 407 on everything else.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Holosun 507c on a G45 and a 508t on a G19, both red.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm new to Red dot sights.

Advantages of going green over red? Better for day, or night shooting?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm new to Red dot sights.
Advantages of going green over red? Better for day, or night shooting?
Thanks!
View Quote
Was going to look for it but figured you could easily do the same. There's info out there that the human eye picks up Green easier/faster than Red. Something about the Rods & Cones within the eye. In addition to the Holosun I use Green Reticle Optics on everything I can. Personal choice really.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I keep reading about people raving on about green dot sights being better than Red.  I got a Red/Green mini dot sight (cheap Aimpoint T2 size) a few years ago I’ve played with.  I’ve used this sight on pistols and rifles and it currently is on a Ruger 10/22.   For me in all situations I prefer red so it is either personal preference or the difference in people eyes.  I’m not color blind which could affect people’s ability to use the different color dots.

I’ve tried mine in the snow, green foliage, fall with multi color leaves, dusk, dawn and at night.   Red just works for me whereas green tends to blend in to some backgrounds and almost distracting in other light conditions.   Granted I’ve used a lot of red digital displays on electronics for many years.

I think it is wise to just look through different optics to see which you prefer.   I don’t think photography duplicates exactly what my eye sees.   Posted pictures are good for a reference but I prefer to physically see through an optic if possible.

I played with this Red/Green dot sight yesterday on my 10/22 so this is fresh on my mind.  I’m probably just an old guy set in is ways but this is humble opinion.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
To the OP, since you got the Dr cut I think you will be well served with either Vortex or Fastfire optics at a good price point.

Optic footprints
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#11]
507C Green Dot.

Most say green helps with astigmatism. I find this to be true for me as well, but everyone is different so YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Good stuff guys. I have a Vortex Venom ordered. I may do the complete slide deal on the next pistol from PSA and get the Holosun for $399
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top