Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Not that it helps op, but the campguard 10mm i had was flawless.  I did put a slightly heavier recoil spring in it and a flat bottom fp stop, but that was more to keep brass in my county, lol.  It was a 70 series kimber.  I also had have a tle pro, its got a few parts on it (flat bottom fp stop, egw forged slide stop and thumb safety), but its been 100% out of the gate.  I had a buddy that meme'd the hell out of me about kimbers for a week.  We were both waiting on state cool off period, I'd bought the tle pro new and hed bought a new sti range master.  We went to the range together with new pistols, both 1911 properly cleaned and lubed.  I ran 250-275 rds of my reloads before I had my first stoppage, failed to go into battery bu 1/8".  It was pretty dirty from titegroup.  The sti failed to make it through any wilson, sti, or cmc mag without choking and failing to feed, all factory Winchester ball( not wwb but le range loads).  

Stuff happens, i did have a kimber 10ish yrs ago that was a jamomatic.  I tried everything to get it to run, never had any luck so I took a loss on it.  I was only using new nighthawk mags, turns out those mags had a known issue later on.  I wish I'd had some different mags to try, but figured they looked like Wilson's and were brand new from brownells, whats the chance its a mag problem, lol.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a similar problem with my new STI Perfect Ten.  Stovepipes.

I sent them some videos and they told me to send it back.  I did, and have never had another problem with it.

Frankly, I don't care what they did to fix it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the wonderful world of Kimber. I’ve been bitten numerous times. I actually almost did it again the other day and ordered a Kimber 10mm but my brain kicked in and I ordered a TRP 10mm instead even though Kimber he closer to what I wanted.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scheels has my gun. They’re sending another one up from the CO store and are going to do a straight swap.
View Quote

We need a Scheels in Grand junction.   Glad they are taking care of this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Put some lube on the locking lugs.
And the link.

Hand cycle from fully open, using the slide lock to release the slide .

Like 1000 times...
Or until your wife bitches, she can't hear The Hallmark Channel .

Then try it at the range.
View Quote

Sorry but this is absolutely Terrible advise!.... don’t have to believe me.... go out and search dropping a 1911 slide on a empty chamber in any pistol forum and see what results you get.  

Plus I have First hand experience doing this very thing on a brand new Gold Cup..thought it was So cool to do..... very soon after a bit of dropping the slide via the catch, the hammer started following the slide down.    Gunsmith had to dress the hammer and sear engagement  and chastised me when I picked it up

H
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I won't lie, the first (and only) 10mm 1911 I ever had was a Kimber Eclipse probably 12 years ago.  Absolute piece of garbage, it was pretty but I'll be damned if it would actually work.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
New Kimber is in my possession. So far, so good. Cycled through about 25 rounds in the basement, ALL went into full battery.

Off to the range Friday.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Happy to report...50/50 perfect function with new gun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#9]
sell it while you can.  CS is usually not good either.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:Happy to report...50/50 perfect function with new gun.
View Quote
A completely new pistol?  A new mag too?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Happy to report...50/50 perfect function with new gun.

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellent.  I'd say you're good to go now.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks WAY to dry
View Quote

This , I had the same problem .
I use Triflow and no more problem’s .
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks dry.  I run new guns wet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I had problems with every Kimber I bought except one , they look real nice but I just keep passing them over , had a CDP and the hammer would follow the slide down , Cust Tac Two and it jammed on every mag and with all mags , had another hammer broke , I only have one which is a Warrior I got years ago the first month out now that one worked . I look at them but do not buy . 1000 plus gun you get it home and they don`t work ????????? I just bought a Tisas 1911 GI copy looks great never a problem , and a tac driver for the small sights very well made nice 1911 . Why can`t Kimber do this ???????
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top