Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/7/2022 9:09:13 PM EDT
I say well damn because I could have gotten a VP9 years ago but only got one last week.
Easily the best shooting pistol I have…possibly ever had.  Way better grip angle and grip feel than the plastic 2x4Glock plus more accurate..to me.
HK has made me a believer, now pass me some more of the Kool-Aid.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup.  Glock guy here myself.  Then I made the mistake of shooting a friend's VP9.  Shot several stages twice as fast as with my G34.  I REALLY didn't want to change platforms, but I couldn't argue with the results.

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Did any of your VP9's have trouble with 115 gr ammo?  I have a VP9 that has FTF's with 115 gr.  Wondering if there is a break in period?  I have a UPS9c that has never had an issue with 115.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did any of your VP9's have trouble with 115 gr ammo?  I have a VP9 that has FTF's with 115 gr.  Wondering if there is a break in period?  I have a UPS9c that has never had an issue with 115.
View Quote

Short answer: probably

I went to a class and I just absent-mindedly grabbed a box of loose ammo.  I'd just had the slide done and an RMR added, so I was excited to try it out.

Couldn't get through a single mag without a malfunction.  After 5 or 6 courses of fire, a buddy gave me two boxes of Winchester white box, and the pistol ran flawlessly the rest of the day.

The suspect ammo was mixed brass, so I'm guessing 115-gr reloads.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I went to a class and I just absent-mindedly grabbed a box of loose ammo.  I'd just had the slide done and an RMR added, so I was excited to try it out.

Couldn't get through a single mag without a malfunction.  After 5 or 6 courses of fire, a buddy gave me two boxes of Winchester white box, and the pistol ran flawlessly the rest of the day.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the info.  I read to use some "heavier" ammo to break it in.  I found some 124 gr FMJ and some 124 gr +P JHP but have not had a chance to get back to the range.   It just seems old to have to break in a HK pistol.  My USP 45f and 9c never had a break in period.  I also read where they swapped the recoil spring in the VP9 to same one that the VP40 uses later in production.  I believe my has the newer VP40 spring.  Other than the FTF's I agree I think the VP9 is a very nice shooting pistol.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#5]
My VP9 had a rather stiff recoil spring, possibly to handle the Euro spec 9mm NATO loads.

I broke mine in by locking slide back overnite a couple of days and around 200 Winchester 124 grn 9mm NATO.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I broke mine in by locking slide back overnite a couple of days
View Quote
Yep thats what I had to do with my p30. Got that tip from the HK forums

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top