Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2022 12:38:40 AM EDT
Had to make a run to the feed store as they are the only store that sells my pet hog's favorite food.  

Tragically, my favorite gun store is right around the corner.  So, when the hog needs feed.....I HAVE to stop by and check it out....

Ugh.....another excellent condition Colt SM ACE....IN THE DAMN BOX.

Could not leave it there:

Plus I bought a fake Luger in .32 Auto...just for fun.

Probably should sell the hog......he's getting expensive to feed.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:03:03 AM EDT
[#1]
on that Ace. Congrats.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
on that Ace. Congrats.
View Quote
I HATE that I love them so much.

My grandfather had an original ACE that was stolen by a POS family member....I guess that is what caused my obsession with them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Bad ass! Congrats
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Our trips to the feed store are expensive enough.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like someone is about to get some fresh bacon lol
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds like someone is about to get some fresh bacon lol
View Quote
Not a bad idea!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice score!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh man, I'm lusting after that ACE pretty bad.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet guns and +1 for tier 1 gun cleaning mat.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sweet guns and +1 for tier 1 gun cleaning mat.
View Quote
So much better than the crappy Ransom mats.  DAMN those things suck!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#12]
This is a project gun for my "girlfriend"...she is super tiny and really skinny so, after YEARS of working out what's best for her; we have determined that the Beretta 81 in .32, the Bersa in .380 seemed to be the best balance for her.   In other words, mid sized, small caliber guns.

This little "Luger" is an Erma KP68 in .32.  This is JUST for her to have a pretty gun to shoot.  I have some work to do to it including very carefully cerakoting the frame, a full inspection, test fire, etc.

The steel work on the gun is fantastic.  The frame is typical German mystery metal but the .32 guns seem to hold up well.  The 9 Kurz guns are known to crack.

This thing will fit her diminutive frame like a glove!!!!  I hope that it works.  They seem to have a fair rep and I am handy at smithing, so, we shall see.

I kinda want a real Luger now.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oh man, I'm lusting after that ACE pretty bad.....
View Quote
This one is really nice.  It has a mild finish scratch on the dust cover but it doesn't go into the metal.  I need to order a bit of G96 and clean that up.  I won't be selling it and I will be shooting it.  I've shot NIB Auto Mags and Diamondbacks and this isn't quite that good of condition...but darn, darn close.

A local shop did a nice job on the trigger about 40 years ago.

I have only done a cursory inspection and field strip but everything looks very, very good.  Well used, but well taken care of.  Whoever did the safety was a pro.  It's as good or better than my safety fitting.

If you can get a good ACE do it.  You may have to learn to fit and tune certain things...but they are so much fun to shoot, it is well worth it.  My ACEs have taken the place of my Woodsmans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top