Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2022 11:39:47 AM EDT
Which, of course, came without the instruction manual because...reasons.

Is there anything to its PMCS that's different from every other DA or striker-fired pistol I've ever owned?

How well do they handle +p+ ammunition? I've got a case or three of the +p+ Win Ranger, but I think that's the only 9mm carry ammo in the house.

And where do I get a holster? Every other gun in my carry rotation rides in a JM Custom Kydex OWB or AIWB, but he doesn't seem to make holsters for these.

(Pics if my wife lets me have my car back so I can shoot it)
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations! You now own one of the finest defensive pistols ever made.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 1:44:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
From the manual:

"Plus-P (+P) ammunition generates pressures in excess of the pressures associated
with standard ammunition. Such pressures may affect the wear characteristics of
your P99 pistol.
Plus-P-Plus (+P+) ammunition must not be used in WALTHER firearms."

https://www.rsmanuals.com/30308/walther-p99-as-p99-qa-p99-dao/page-10/
View Quote

Well,  that seems clear enough. Time to hunt down some softer defensive ammo.

Quoted:
Congratulations! You now own one of the finest defensive pistols ever made.
View Quote

I'm pretty stoked. But still not sure what to do for a holster.

And while I'm thinking about it, is it meant to be carried decocked like a traditional DASA, or should I be thinking of it more like a striker- fired pistol that can be cocked by the trigger?
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Meant to be carried de-cocked.  The upside is that it has a very good DA trigger that with even a small bit of familiarity can be shot quite well.

I had to use mine in a "social situation" and never even noticed the first DA pull.  

At the range you will find the single action trigger to be pretty outstanding for a striker fired pistol, and it has a very short reset.
It's a totally under rated firearm, IMHO, and my favorite polymer framed pistol, by a wide margin.  Does like to be properly lubed, and the trigger will get even better after a few hundred rounds of live fire.

Hope you grow to like it as much as I do mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top