Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2021 7:34:59 PM EDT
Put the Apex duty/carry kit with trigger in my FS 2.0 and it has a weird glitch in it that I noticed while dry firing. When slowly pulling the slide back just far enough to reset the sear but not eject my snap cap I was getting a faint click during the takeup. Experimented and figured out the trigger bar was just ticking the bottom of the sear, enough to hear it but not enough to feel it. Weird thing is it only does it if I let off the trigger and pull the slide back just enough to reset the sear. If I hold the trigger back while doing this it will not make the noise. It will not make the noise if I pull the slide all the way back then ride it forward or if I pull it back just far enough to reset and then let it snap forward. It also doesn't make the noise with the stock parts.

I noticed there is a little slop between the sear release lever and the Apex sear but with the stock sear there is no slop. Only thing I can think of is that tolerance stacking has it just a little out of spec but I think it should wear in eventually? I'm going to call Apex tomorrow and see what they say.

I also noticed the sear doesn't go down as far as the sear on my 1.0 with the Apex kit. The old one is able to be adjusted to change the amount of sear travel but there is no way to adjust this one since it doesn't have the loop on the trigger bar. Maybe the sear doesn't need to travel that far as long as the striker drops.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Have not noticed that in either of mine.  Watching the thread to see if the solution comes up so I might be able to remember it if one of mine shows the issue some day.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't gotten Apex called yet. Probably won't be until Friday when I have more time to be on the phone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top