Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2022 8:08:24 PM EDT
Looking for some winchester nato on sgammo’s website, there all kinds of winchester “nato” yet none have the primer sealant and have other designations aside from nato. Was there a change? Is it the same ammo minus the military stuff like primer sealant and crimps?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked the same question of sg and Winchester
From sgammo I was told that it’s same ammo (9mm nato bulk pack) but that for 3 weeks Winchester makes ammo for the military 1 week for civilian use. Sealant is hit or miss   If the sealant runts out during the month, there is none until Winchester reloads the sealant.  

Winchester said their nato offerings are the same just different packaging

I prefer the q4318 and ranger nato offerings
I tried 1152 but it did not like my m11a1
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember cases of q4318 for $180 shipped from PSA.
Whats a case now?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I asked the same question of sg and Winchester
From sgammo I was told that it’s same ammo (9mm nato bulk pack) but that for 3 weeks Winchester makes ammo for the military 1 week for civilian use. Sealant is hit or miss   If the sealant runts out during the month, there is none until Winchester reloads the sealant.  

Winchester said their nato offerings are the same just different packaging

I prefer the q4318 and ranger nato offerings
I tried 1152 but it did not like my m11a1
View Quote

So which is the same ammo though? Can you link it for me?
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
M882 NATO ball (124 gr) has been discontinued by DoD in favor of the new 1152 ball round.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I find a lot of Winchester, NATO headstamped 9mm brass at the range. Some has primer sealant, some doesn't. Doesn't seem to matter what year either.

Today I found a bunch of "WMA + 22" brass with red sealant and "WMA + 21" with no sealant. Next week it could be the exact opposite...
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I remember cases of q4318 for $180 shipped from PSA.
Whats a case now?
View Quote

Me too. I bought a few of those cases. Some had primer sealant but most did not.

OP, are we talking about the 124gr FMJ (M882)? Or the new 115gr FMJ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top