Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2018 4:00:54 PM EDT
I found this in the valley of the sun and after enjoying shooting my Swiss 1933 Luger in 30 Luger I wanted to find a 9mm option for a more economical shooting choice.  As well, I haven't been able to find 30 Luger ammo (PPU works for me, I've had issues with Fiocchi) for over a year so 9mm would be ideal.  I love a good Luger trigger and stumbled across this new in box un-fired commercial Mauser Luger P08.

From my original research, this was created sometime between 1934 and 1942.  If anyone has anymore information, I'd love to hear it.

It may break some folks hearts but I have shot it.  Took it to a local indoor range (for those of you in the Valley, C2 Tactical) and shot it.  Had the Range Officers join in the fun as well.  It shoots like a dream.  It had a few issues with some loading issues.  I thought I got all of the old lubricant out of it but I hadn't.  I've shot it three times now and still find some old lubricant each time.  But it is a real pleasure to shoot.

Enjoy the photos and an eagle eye will notice that the toggle on the right side of the gun has had that gorgeous finish worn off while sitting in the box for all those years.

Does anyone have any idea for a spot refinishing for the toggle?

Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone know if this is a post war production?  I have some photos from the manuals included.

Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Of all the 1970 era NIB Mauser produced 1906 pattern Luger's you shot one of the rarer ones. You may not care about value, but that trigger time just cost you about $1,000. You should have bought the more common Swiss pattern guns. I'd have to look it up, but that type was made on refurb frames with new uppers. The rest were done on the Swiss tooling that Mauser bought. As a collector it's a shame to have another NIB gun go away, but now mine are worth more.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Definitely post war production.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations.  These are great shooter Lugers.  I have one of the Interarms imported guns and shoot it often.  I have 5 other vintage lugers that are basically safe queens.  I don’t feel bad about shooting this one.  Fit and finish is fantastic.  Mine is extremely accurate.  It took about 100 rounds of break in, now is very reliable.

Shooting mine makes me happy.  You shouldn’t care about losing value.  What would make me feel bad would be breaking a numbered part on my 1900 DWM AE.

See the link below and read the article that is linked at the website.  Yours is cool in that it doesn’t appear to be an Interarms import, instead it looks like it was sold in Germany perhaps and then imported here?  I’m thinking sold to a US service member in Germany and then brought back here.

Forgotten Weapons
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice!! Can't do better then that for a ''shooter!"

[I'd have a hard time shooting it myself!]
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#6]
you should chrome it. or gold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top