Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2018 2:19:19 PM EDT
After owning a dozen or so custom Glocks, everything from Salients to Agencies to Fowlers to local custom builds, I finally went all in on the Gen 5 G19 MOS. Solid trigger, front serrations, optic mounting. I found the weakest link was the RMR mounting as it solely depends on short screws to hold the optic on. With the gaps in front and behind the optic, I just don't trust it long term. Especially if you train hard and rack the slide using the RMR against your belt or a tree or bench or whatever. Now, Agency arms came out with a new cut called the AOS, which means you can send them your slide, pay around $300 and wait 6 weeks or so. You can buy different plates to accept most major brand optics. Cool product, solid mount. Not sure about everyone else, but I'm sick of the custom Glock game and having to ship things out and wait. Not to mention, who wants to really pay $300 for a solid optic mount on a $600 gun? Although the AOS cut seems like it's just as good as just getting your slide custom cut for an optic, I think the C&H precision plate is a decent option  - - FOR $45! Although you're still stuck with using short screws through the plate, it at least locks the optic in place tightly as well.

On a side note, there's some issues with finding the right size screws to mount the RMR. They don't come with the gun. You can now find em pretty easily but I found it best to use Agency arms titanium screws and Dremel them down to the exact length needed. They're high quality screws.

No, I don't work for C&H, although they should pay me for the free ad :) Just sharing a decent solution for a weak link on what I find to be the best Glock yet.

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
That seems like a solid option. I've always thought that the stock MOS plates looked like it held the optic to high.

I've been thinking about getting a Gen5 MOS and this makes it a bit easier.

Now only if there were factory FDE framed ones
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks OP.  Does this plate seal the battery compartment?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks OP.  Does this plate seal the battery compartment?
View Quote
Ya know, it's hard to be sure I guess. I didn't install the sealing plate, I normally use, when I mounted it. Seems like it should seal fine.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the plate equal thickness to the factory MOS plate?

Just wondering, since if its thinner, it would require different screws than what come with the trijicon mounting kit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is the plate equal thickness to the factory MOS plate?

Just wondering, since if its thinner, it would require different screws than what come with the trijicon mounting kit.
View Quote
Good question. I'd hate to steer you wrong but the screws I had mounted with the MOS plate were a tad too long for this plate. Hence, this plate should be slightly thinner.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good question. I'd hate to steer you wrong but the screws I had mounted with the MOS plate were a tad too long for this plate. Hence, this plate should be slightly thinner.
View Quote
Did you use the sealing plate though?

That thickness makes a difference.....if you try and use the mounting kit without the screws, it will push the plate off the slide.

ETA: they actually responded to my email on a Sunday.

They stated their plates are .025 thicker than OEM, so they should work just fine with the RMR mounting kit screws.  I do not know if the sealing plate is thinner than .025- if it is, that would explain why the screws were too long without using the sealing plate.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked one up also but couldn’t get myself to give it a try.  Shorter screws and being made of alloy didn’t give me any confidence.  If the mount had mounting screw bosses to get more engagement I would have installed it.  Visually they do look nice though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I picked one up also but couldn’t get myself to give it a try.  Shorter screws and being made of alloy didn’t give me any confidence.  If the mount had mounting screw bosses to get more engagement I would have installed it.  Visually they do look nice though.
View Quote
Interesting that it comes with shorter screws when they say the plate is thicker.  If anything, it should have longer screws to mount to the slide....

I also didn't realize this wasn't steel.  Absolutely no chance I'd run this unless it was steel- not a whole lot for the optic screws to bite into as it is, definitely want steel threads to accept the screws.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#9]
What sights are those? Does it cowitness better?

Does that plate lower the RMR enough to use the stock sights?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Dupe post
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I was disappointed when I received mine.  No where on their website does it say that they are made of aluminum so I just assumed it was made of steel.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't say much, but I do know that there should soon be another option coming out soon. From another company, that you've almost certainly heard of in the RMR game. Lower, should cowitness with standard supressor sights, and has a better stronger mounting solution. I'm not the guy so I can't speak to timeline, but a saw a rendering and I think it will fix a lot of problems.

Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:25:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Interesting that it comes with shorter screws when they say the plate is thicker.  If anything, it should have longer screws to mount to the slide....

I also didn't realize this wasn't steel.  Absolutely no chance I'd run this unless it was steel- not a whole lot for the optic screws to bite into as it is, definitely want steel threads to accept the screws.
View Quote
Damn, I didn't catch that it wasn't steel. All good points. I'll be running it hard over the next month or so, time will tell but just the fact it's locked into place has got to help keep it secure. Worst case, I send 2 Glocks to Agency for $600 for the AOS cuts/ plates. Really don't want to do that or get back into custom Glocks. On a side note, I have ran the MOS setup pretty hard through about 3000 rounds so far.... No issues.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:26:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What sights are those? Does it cowitness better?

Does that plate lower the RMR enough to use the stock sights?
View Quote
Trijicon suppressor sights. Bright and tough I believe. No way it would co-witness with stock sights. You can look into the Shield RMS sight/ MOS package if you want to accomplish that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was disappointed when I received mine.  No where on their website does it say that they are made of aluminum so I just assumed it was made of steel.
View Quote
That does quell the excitement a bit completely.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can't say much, but I do know that there should soon be another option coming out soon. From another company, that you've almost certainly heard of in the RMR game. Lower, should cowitness with standard supressor sights, and has a better stronger mounting solution. I'm not the guy so I can't speak to timeline, but a saw a rendering and I think it will fix a lot of problems.

Stay tuned.
View Quote
Keep us posted with any updates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top