Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2019 5:01:38 PM EDT
https://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/q5-match-steel-frame/#

Also, peeking on distributor websites, there are UPC codes for a M1 Q4 Tac and a M1 Q5 Match
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Those look  . . . . . . . Fugly
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those look  . . . . . . . Fugly
View Quote
I like it apparently it shoots real well
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
And not threaded.......  pass for me
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 4:04:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Has a button not a paddle. Pass
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bill Blowers was raving about them.
View Quote
Link to this?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Content not found.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Works for me, but I'm FB "friends" with him and I'm logged in.

Maybe he posted it to his company page too.
View Quote
Well I don't have facebook. Thats probably why.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
If you want them, they have them in stock.
$$$$
SF
SF Pro
Just listed today.
Looks like someone already bought the Pro.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Compare it to the Shadow line from CZ and it seems about par. It's also less than the low end STIs and less than a Zev'd out competition Glock.

I think the price is competitive for that type of competition gun. Walther also reportedly has a good mil/le discount if you qualify. Curious to see what that works out to be.
View Quote
Dealer pricing isn't too bad either.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 3:32:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Put a paddle on that SF and sign me up!
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#15]
It's cute but $1500+ for a striker fired gun is ridiculous, unless it has a MUCH better trigger and better fit/finished parts than a normal Q5 Match, since it's more than 2x the price.

Sorry while I like some striker fired guns, and the Q5 match is pretty darn nice, their triggers simply do not compare to a nice non-striker single action trigger.  Let's remember striker fired guns were born out of a desire to cut cost corners.

$1600 these are selling for is CZ TSO territory, $400+ more than a CZ Shadow 2, same price as a Tangfolio Witness II Extreme, $150 more gets you an STI Edge

If they were in the $1100/$1300 MSRP and 10-15% less street that would be more in line with what they are offering.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's cute but $1500+ for a striker fired gun is ridiculous, unless it has a MUCH better trigger and better fit/finished parts than a normal Q5 Match, since it's more than 2x the price.

Sorry while I like some striker fired guns, and the Q5 match is pretty darn nice, their triggers simply do not compare to a nice non-striker single action trigger.  Let's remember striker fired guns were born out of a desire to cut cost corners.

$1600 these are selling for is CZ TSO territory, $400+ more than a CZ Shadow 2, same price as a Tangfolio Witness II Extreme, $150 more gets you an STI Edge

If they were in the $1100/$1300 MSRP and 10-15% less street that would be more in line with what they are offering.
View Quote
I was surprised about the pricing as well to be honest.

Thing is...the TSO is super hard to find and not usable in production. And a lot of people prefer the shadow anyway (so I hear) because they can use it in production and 3 gun if they want to as well.

Im just a fan of using the same type/style gun across multiple game types so you can be most proficient.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
The TSO and Edge aren't Production/CO legal, and the CZ and Tanfo are DA/SA. They're positioning this as a competitive alternative to high-end metal-framed Production/CO pistols with the benefit of one consistent trigger pull for those who want it.

Also worthy of note - Competition shooters certainly won't be the only market interested in a metal-framed striker-fired duty pistol. These will sell. And they'll sell well
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:40:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought one today, I’ve wanted a steel framed striker fired gun for years. The Hudson H9 didn’t do it for me, nor did did the those aluminum and steel frames you could buy for the Glock about 10 years ago. I always thought the PPQ had a great trigger but considered it just another polymer pistol...so for me it’s worth it to try it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, all those simple and cheap Lugers and P7s...

I think you are mixing up polymer frames and striker fired actions.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#21]
There's always an exception but the P7 and Lugers haven't been representative of striker fired guns for the last what 30 years now?

I'm happy to be in the minority and for the right game I can see it as an advantage to get one trigger pull, and an optics options.   That said at the end of the day in my mind, while I've spent way more than this on several guns, I can buy a new Q5 Match for < $700 delivered, a Q5 SF Pro is $1600.

That's a $900 price increase, more than double the Q5 Match cost, for a metal grip, +2 base plates, and magwell.   I guess for me it doesn't fit into my game nitch so $900 for that, seems like a LOT to ask.  Any of these guns will always be less in the long run than ammo costs.  I have no doubt they will sell, these days plenty of people are sucked into the marketing and quickly parted from huge amounts of their $ without thinking.  It's no different than the $600+ bipods and $3000 tripods for precision rifles these days.

On the plus side, it might start a marketing trend of steel framed striker guns and I can see that leading to some nice options and perhaps reduced prices.  If the SF Pro came down around the $1200 mark it might be more tempting.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd be willing to bet in about a year once the shiny newness wears off you'll be able to find them new for around the $1,200/1,100 mark
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought one today, I’ve wanted a steel framed striker fired gun for years. The Hudson H9 didn’t do it for me, nor did did the those aluminum and steel frames you could buy for the Glock about 10 years ago. I always thought the PPQ had a great trigger but considered it just another polymer pistol...so for me it’s worth it to try it.
View Quote
Pics? Initial impressions/thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I’d just ordered a tuned Tanfoglio stock 3. Had I known about this gun, I would have went this route instead.

I wonder what the weight of the SF is with an empty mag? Could also be good for both USPSA & IDPA.

I’ve wanted a heavy, striker fired steel framed pistol for years. Kuddos to Walther for finally coming through.

I don’t understand the belly-aching over the price of this pistol. It’s in line with high end SA/DA steel frame pistols.

At a quoted 42oz, this won’t be a CCW mass market pistol.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ETA: Weights are listed on the walther page with empty mag.
SF: 41.6
SF PRO: 42.3
https://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/q5-match-steel-frame/
View Quote
Weighs as much as my Sig P220 MSE 5".
No biggy, I'd carry it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've been assured by Glock 19X haters every pistol MUST be the ideal concealed carry gun and any design considerations that deviate from that goal are pointless.

Its funny, on the Blowers post people are complaining how difficult it would be to carry on a CCW or duty belt and saying it's stupid to make a gun that big or heavy.

ETA: Weights are listed on the walther page with empty mag.
SF: 41.6
SF PRO: 42.3
https://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/q5-match-steel-frame/
View Quote
Dude,

The SF is IDPA legal...and can be USPSA legal if they get the approvals...that’s big!  This is same weight as the CZ accushadow.

This gun is going to do well!
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've been assured by Glock 19X haters every pistol MUST be the ideal concealed carry gun and any design considerations that deviate from that goal are pointless.

Its funny, on the Blowers post people are complaining how difficult it would be to carry on a CCW or duty belt and saying it's stupid to make a gun that big or heavy.
View Quote
I could see this being considered by the folks who AIWB conceal a G34 with light and optic
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#30]
***clapping noises****
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m on my phone, forgive me.

What’s the difference in the steel frames?   Pro vs not pro (both steel framed)?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’m on my phone, forgive me.

What’s the difference in the steel frames?   Pro vs not pro (both steel framed)?
View Quote
Magwell and baseplates.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Bought one of these last week.  I've only been able to put about 50 rounds through it.  Today I'll run 100 or so and get the RDS sighted in.

Initial impressions:

Ergonomically, it's the best pistol I've ever held.  Walther really did their homework on the grip.  This is in fact why I bought the pistol in the first place.

Because of the above, the pistol is easy to shoot and shoot well.  Very flat shooting, quick recovery.

Accuracy is what you'd expect out of a pistol designed for competition.  No formal testing done yet, but at 20 yds it was easy to group rounds on a 3" tree stump knot.

As a huge 1911 fan, the trigger is ok.  I'd like to reduce trigger take-up by 30%.  Not much creep.  Overtravel is ok.  I'll put an Apex in it whenever they decide to make one for the SF.

The machining on these pistols is top-notch.  Everything locks up tight.  No machine marks anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Overwatch Precision makes a trigger for it.

Will the Apex PPQ trigger work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bought one of these last week.  I've only been able to put about 50 rounds through it.  Today I'll run 100 or so and get the RDS sighted in.

Initial impressions:

Ergonomically, it's the best pistol I've ever held.  Walther really did their homework on the grip.  This is in fact why I bought the pistol in the first place.

Because of the above, the pistol is easy to shoot and shoot well.  Very flat shooting, quick recovery.

Accuracy is what you'd expect out of a pistol designed for competition.  No formal testing done yet, but at 20 yds it was easy to group rounds on a 3" tree stump knot.

As a huge 1911 fan, the trigger is ok.  I'd like to reduce trigger take-up by 30%.  Not much creep.  Overtravel is ok.  I'll put an Apex in it whenever they decide to make one for the SF.

The machining on these pistols is top-notch.  Everything locks up tight.  No machine marks anywhere.
Overwatch Precision makes a trigger for it.

Will the Apex PPQ trigger work?
According to Apex, the internal dimensions on the sf/sf pro are different than the polymer ppq frame.  Sprinco offers a reduced power return spring and sear block spring that'll drop the trigger weight to the 3-3.5lb range, but it doesn't address take up and overtravel.

I'll check overwatch.  I appreciate the information, finding aftermarket anything has been a chore for this pistol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Overwatch Precision does not make a trigger for the Walther q5 sf pro.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Bill Blowers has one in his gun

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2UW7zbA8zi/?igshid=qqal56h2hqzo

ETA: according to the OP IG "coming soon"
View Quote
Well, that's great news.  It's not that the stock trigger is bad, it could just be better.

Lack of time yesterday got in the way of me running 100-200 rounds through the pistol.  I did get the RDS sighted in and continue to be pleased with how flat shooting this pistol is.  Easy to put 17 rounds on a 6" steel plate at 20 yards as fast as you can pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I liked the looks and was all ready to order but wanted to hold one first.  Glad I did.  The grip was too small for me to be comfortable.  Also the beaver tail had sharp edges that were definitely distracting.  I passed and went on the buy a CZ Accushadow 2.  Glad I did.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I liked the looks and was all ready to order but wanted to hold one first.  Glad I did.  The grip was too small for me to be comfortable.  Also the beaver tail had sharp edges that were definitely distracting.  I passed and went on the buy a CZ Accushadow 2.  Glad I did.
View Quote
Agreed not to mention the price point. Ouch.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Agreed not to mention the price point. Ouch.
View Quote
The grip length will be an issue for people with mitts for hands.  2 Youtube reviewers had mentioned that the magwell cramps their strong hand.  I don't know if removing the magwell from the Pro model would help.

One reviewer mentioned sharp edges on the beavertail that became a problem for him after 700 rounds.  I haven't noted any sharp edges and it hasn't given me any issues.

I believe Walther has said they will be releasing a complete SF lineup.  I'd expect them to offer other 5" models with a lower price point.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The grip length will be an issue for people with mitts for hands.  2 Youtube reviewers had mentioned that the magwell cramps their strong hand.  I don't know if removing the magwell from the Pro model would help.

One reviewer mentioned sharp edges on the beavertail that became a problem for him after 700 rounds.  I haven't noted any sharp edges and it hasn't given me any issues.

I believe Walther has said they will be releasing a complete SF lineup.  I'd expect them to offer other 5" models with a lower price point.
View Quote
I had a love/hate relationship with my PPQ. I need to handle the SF again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top