Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2019 7:36:19 PM EDT
Hey folks. Looking for a replacement extractor for my Walther PPS 9mm (Gen 1). This is the first design Walther PPS. Bought it back in 2012. After about 4000 rounds through mine, I am noticing a hairline crack in the extractor. It makes perfect sense where I am seeing the crack develop just observing the geometry. I have combed through Numrich, Brownells and Midway and coming up snake-eyes on finding a replacement extractor. Aside from going direct to the factory, anyone else have some gun part honey holes you can recommend?

Thanks in advance, cheers.
Blackbeard
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Your pretty much stuck with factory.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
walther has a lifetime warranty.  why are you looking to buy one?
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
THIS^^^^^
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
No kidding - my one experience with factory support at Walther was great.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Problem solved.

Called Walther, ordered a new extractor, installed, pew pew works. Mods, you can. Archive this thread. In closing, need spare Walther parts, call Walther. New extractor was around $20 bucks I believe, but completely worth it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I probably should get a couple spares and make a kit. I like this one so much I definitely want to keep it running for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I probably should get a couple spares and make a kit. I like this one so much I definitely want to keep it running for a long time.
View Quote
Ya dude. Me too. It's been my EDC since 2012. I've shot the G48 and have a hard on for it, but I can't justify buying one, or even worse, trading in my PPS for it. Doesn't accomplish enough to want to change.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
THIS^^^^^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS^^^^^
I couldn't force myself to be dishonest. I had closed the slide on a piped round several times. I was quite certain the cracked extractor was my own doing. So, I just bought a new extractor. I am sure I could have gotten a call tag and shipped it to Walther, but I didn't want to deal with it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]
From my understanding Walther has a lifetime warranty on their newer guns. I hate shipping guns for repair but it is an option. I wish they would honor that on my PPK..... I tried but the lady I spoke with refused to yield stating that they do not warranty 55 year old guns :)

I am pleased to hear about the reliability of your M1. I have an M2 sitting down at the lumber yard waiting for me to go in for paperwork to our new 10 day wait.

Pisses me off!  I have held my CPL for years and no issues. Now I have to wait..... Jay Inslee you are a complete MORON!

Have you tried any 147gr bullet loads in your PPS? If so, how did they shoot? I have heard tith the 3.1" barrel lighter bullets are preferred. I have an AR-9 on the way as well and would like to have a common carry load.

Good luck with your extractor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top