Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2022 3:05:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556NAT0]
Second time out with the PDP today, gun ran great just like the first time. Except the this time out the slide stop flat out didn't work. As in zero function, googled it at the range and all I can find were people "thumbing" the slide stop while shooting. Got home tonight to break it down and found this:

Update - looks like the piece that hits the follower actually sheared. Shot Walther CS an email.

Link Posted: 12/26/2022 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Strange, never had any issues with mine .I'm sure it was a freak occurrence ,and Walther will get it fixed and back to you fast.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear you've had this issue on a brand new pistol. I know that's discouraging.

FWIW I've got at least 2K thru mine without a single failure of any kind.

Hopefully they'll get you fixed up and you'll get years of reliable service from it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]
As the others have said, this is the first I've heard of this, and I've been following the PDP closely since it's release, own several of them, and know others that have thousands and thousands of rounds through them.  I'm sure Walther will take care of you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, any update from Walther?
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I have seen a Youtube video describing this exact issue, and what they found was that it is caused by thumbing the slide stop, as you had guessed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top