Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2021 6:22:47 PM EDT
i see no reason not to buy this firearm.

How have your experiences been?

Have heard the RMR seating / setup isn't the best, but other than than really cant see how this insn't ta Glock / Sig killer.

I would go Q4 full steel frame but this price oitn is very nice.

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]
There’s nothing really wrong with the mounting method, some people don’t like the lack of lugs but it fits in pretty well on the RMR plate anyway.

What I don’t get is the Q4 Steel frame lol
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought both at the lgs about a month ago. Q4 SF because I’m a sucker for an all metal gun and the PDP because I have no pistols with an optic and wanted one. Both are great shooters. I saw that dipshit wanna be engineer on you tube and he is just an idiot. Buy it with confidence and enjoy
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
which dipshit, btw?

how easy was it to get your rmr plate?

should i hold out for Q4?  thees one pdp i can have right now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Look up pdp will break and he has a couple of videos about it. Took about three weeks to get my plate. Wasn’t sure how long it would take so I ordered the C&H plate and it’s what’s on the gun. I would definitely get the Q4 SF at some point, it’s an awesome gun
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File
I got the 5" compact frame, I mounted a 509t with the c&h plate, save the thread lock provided sucks the only con is recoil is a little more snappy than I'm used to coming from a all steel gun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Where did you find extended mags for the PDP?

Just ordered last one fro Ranier.  Could have gotten a break at Sportsman's Warehouse but Ranier delivers and communicates.

I like an Aimpoint ACRO for this
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Put the 509 on mine as well. Really impressed with the Holosuns
Also installed the Dynamic Performance Trigger in the PDP, soon to be installed on the q4
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#8]
At this point the only plate I’ll run an ant optic system is a C&H Precision. All the stamped metal plates are brittle and break to easy. The C&H offer posts for additional thread grip. Outside of the factory plates, I have had no issue in the first 1500 rounds with either of my PDP’s.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Who is making mag extensions and plates for the PDP right now?  Is it early days for aftermarket?

I think Taran makes a +3 or +4, and I've heard of a few others.

The PDP takes 18 rounds, but its more about the way I'm going to carry / use it on my battle belt.

Walther has a pretty goof aftermarket support page, which is surprising, and pretty cool of them - but those aren't necessarily the best parts.

PS:  what did you guys pay?  I think I pad about $50 over to get it fro Ranier but dont mind.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I like pretty much all the mods this guy walks through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBsrcx7nEo

Anyone know if the 4.5" comes with a threaded barrel, or if you can get one?

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I got the FS 4.5". Will be going on EE soon. Let me know if you want it.

Pros:
- magazine release
- slide release
- trigger
- accuracy
- grip texture

Cons:
- big and clunky
- trigger guard flare near mag release is big and uncomfortable
- more difficult to shoot quickly (for me compared to an M&P 2.0 with Apex trigger)
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 3:36:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree with the shooting fast, at l least feeling. Initially it feels like I’m not running splits as fast as with my G19. But when on a timer, they were all still .20-.22. It just feels like I’m really working the gun to make those times.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got the FS 4.5". Will be going on EE soon. Let me know if you want it.

Pros:
- magazine release
- slide release
- trigger
- accuracy
- grip texture

Cons:
- big and clunky
- trigger guard flare near mag release is big and uncomfortable
- more difficult to shoot quickly (for me compared to an M&P 2.0 with Apex trigger)
View Quote

These were my thoughts as well. It was accurate, had a great grip texture and I really wanted to like it, but I ended up selling it. It had more muzzle rise than most other polymer handguns I’ve shot recently. Also the trigger guard dug into my finger where the mag release was. It got pretty uncomfortable after a mag or two. IMO  the p99 and ppq m1 are better.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

IMO  the p99 and ppq m1 are better.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Preach it brother!

Walther really let their umarex colors show with the PDP. When I heard the P99 and PPQ were being phased out in favor of it I immediately bought a Q4 Tac. It's probably the last factory new Walther I'll ever buy. It's the end of an era as far as I'm concerned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top