Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/14/2018 9:49:31 AM EDT
Is it my understanding that these arent being produced any longer?  I located a pretty nice MP5 SD made by Walther that im thinking about picking up locally. Comes with 4 mags and the HKPARTS .22 match spring kit upgrade.  It has appx 700 rounds through this rifle.  Any thoughts on whether these are quality builds?  I remember the other clone had some issues, but wasnt sure about the Walther version.  I can grab it for $500 otd.    Thoughts?  thx
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was reliable, but the iron sights are rudimentary and don't function quite like the original MP5 sights do. Never could get it perfectly dialed in. I think it hit about 4 inches high at 25m

Fun gun, but I sold it during the 22 shortage.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh and that price sounds high. CDNN had these for a while for like 349
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had no issues with my MP5-22 (A5 version), had it for four years now.

Not only is it very accurate it’s the most reliable rimfire I own.

Well built, feels like the real thing. I never used the irons, I mounted a claw mount rail and use a reflex sight.

The only issue I’ve had is the telescoping stock loosened up a bit recently. I shimmed it up to take the play out but it won’t collapse.

If you plan to use the irons I recommend the fixed stock but they’ve been out of production for a while.

$500 does sound high, I know these first sold new for that much when they first came but the last few years they’ve been around $400 new.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:46:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh and that price sounds high. CDNN had these for a while for like 349
View Quote
Not anymore. With them being out of production check out gunbroker prices. When they do pop up they often go for $550 to $900 depending on the bidding. It’s crazy, but today’s reality.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the SD version. I like it a lot.
As for the price. Its not that bad now days. Like someone else said they vary on price. But  $700 seems to be  an average price now days.

I thought about selling mine since they have sky rocketed I price. The last thing I need is a $700 22lr.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top