Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2019 12:37:20 PM EDT
I have been looking very hard at the Walther CCP-M2 and long term reviews are few and far between. If you own/carry a CCP, I was hoping you would share your thoughts and experiences about this nifty little compact now that you have had time with it.

I am also curious what holster you're using for carrying it.

So, please post your thoughts and pics of your CCP & holster combo!
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if you found more info on the CCP yet, mine arrives next week. I’ll post from time to time when I get some rounds down. I’m a huge fan of the ppq, and checked this one out after selling a PPS ( which I found to be a great backup, just went p365 ). I’m anxious to run it, it seems to be another Walther hit.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Fingerbanged one at the range today. It's a great size for sure. The trigger isn't in the same class as the PPQ, and dare I say not as nice as my not broken in PPSM2, but still good. Again, I really like the size. It isn't on my short list but I'll buy one sometime if I have a couple of extra bills.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]
So I wound up snagging a M2. Accurate and pleasant to shoot for its size...and 100% reliable with a mixed selection of ammo. It did get VERY warm above the trigger after the 4th mag. Sights could be better but can't complain too much considering. It's now my carry piece.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I think my creed is a very nice gun, and it's the cheap walther.

Txl
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I look at my CCP like this: it's a carry gun. Not a safe queen or a work of art. It's utilitarian...like a standard cab pickup that's driven every day and parked outside on the driveway at night. It is not a Porsche 911 Carerra that's driven only on sunny weekends and sits parked inside a garage the rest of the time.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#6]
So I took it out today for a hundred rounds....no stoppages, no problems. It has a unique recoil experience, not aggressive, but it seems delayed. I think that's because of the long trigger pull. Seems solid in the hand, fed everything, might put it in rotation to give the P365 and PPQSC a break.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got a Vedder LightTuck and MagTuck for my M2. My CCP is now officially in rotation.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I wound up snagging a M2. Accurate and pleasant to shoot for its size...and 100% reliable with a mixed selection of ammo. It did get VERY warm above the trigger after the 4th mag. Sights could be better but can't complain too much considering. It's now my carry piece.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153820/20190522_102323_jpg-971821.JPG
View Quote
The warmth above the trigger and the delayed recoil someone else mentioned are both due to the gas recoil management system (forget what Walther actually calls it).  Basically there is a gas port at the beginning of the barrel  that redirects some of the gas down into a piston that pushes forward against the slide preventing it from moving rearward (this causes the delayed recoil feeling).  once the bullet actually leaves the gun the pressure of the gas reduces enough to allow the slide to move back and rack the next round.  The gas initially moves into this system into a "gas-block" that is located in the frame directly above the trigger.  That is why with quick shooting or prolonged shooting it heats up a bit above the trigger.  Not sure if this has any long term effects on the frame (certainly hope not).
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a first gen CCP and the M2. Both very reliable and accurate, well over 1k rounds on the first gen and almost that many on the M2. No issues. The first gen requires a tool to takedown, but the newer ones don’t and therefore are less of a pain to clean.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 1:03:39 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife picked this exact gun today for her carry piece. Seems ok but we haven’t fired it yet. The trigger pull and reset leave a lot to desire but it’s the one that fit her best.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So I took it out today for a hundred rounds....no stoppages, no problems. It has a unique recoil experience, not aggressive, but it seems delayed. I think that's because of the long trigger pull. Seems solid in the hand, fed everything, might put it in rotation to give the P365 and PPQSC a break.
View Quote

Addressed below but you realize it isn't a browning type action(1911, glock, like about 98% of all other full power center fire pistols out there, beretta px4 have a rotating(another oddball), luger has toggle, and desert eagles have true gas piston(like AR). im sure im missing a few action types(odd ball ones as well),   Gas delayed blow back is why the recoil is so strange. since it doesn't require a massive spring you can get away with a weaker slide spring(ease of cocking).  I would think that head to head in a machine rest the CCP would out perform the other 2 simply based on fixed barrel vs mobile barrel. in person's hand the difference is likely so small as it wont be detectable.

@21Brtus

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I picked up a new CCP M2 a couple of weeks ago for a good price on Gunbroker. It has probably the best feeling grip of any handgun I've used in the 30 years I've been shooting. The bad part is that the striker broke after 90 rounds and jammed up the gun in such a way that it can't be disassembled. Walther emailed be a shipping label and it's headed back to them.

Looking at the striker assembly, it does look kinda janky and cheap. The tiny striker at the front looks like a low quality MIM part. The red cocking indicator really should be metal
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#14]
How does the recoil compared to the P7?

The operating system is interesting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How does the recoil compared to the P7?

The operating system is interesting.
View Quote

@FADALdude

I only shot a P7 during a single range session....YEARS ago. But I will say that shooting the CCP is much more pleasant than shooting other comparably sized 9mm pistols.

That said, the CCP does heat up fairly quickly...it gets VERY warm after about the 4th mag, and downright unpleasant after the 5th mag or so.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 4:39:44 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife is recoil sensitive and has had trouble shooting my 9mm pistols.  I picked up a CCP M2 due to several online reviewers claiming that the gun has very low recoil.  We put about 150 rounds through it this weekend, and I really don't feel the recoil being any less than other 9mm handguns.  The grip is incredibly comfortable, but that is the only part of the gun I liked.  The trigger reset is more like a double-action revolver than a semi-auto, and the piston system that is supposed to reduce recoil only serves to make the gun extremely hot during range sessions.  While field-stripping is improved from the first CCP, reassembly is still much more difficult than traditional semi-autos.  I had heard great things about Walther and really wanted to like the CCP M2.  Unfortunately, it's not the right gun for me and I really can't recommend this gun considering how many other excellent options are on the market.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 1:40:24 AM EDT
[#17]
@Creature
@21Brutus

Any further updates on the CCPs?  Have one on my short list to add to the carry rotation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@Creature
@21Brutus

Any further updates on the CCPs?  Have one on my short list to add to the carry rotation.
View Quote

Love my CCP M2. It's my EDC.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Please don't lump all Walthers together.  The CCP is actually made by Umarex, Walther's corporate parent, in their plant in Arnsberg, who is more well known as an airsoft maker.  The PPS, PPQ, and P99 are still made by Walther at the real factory in Ulm, and are, by far, the best pistols in the Walther stable.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 6:19:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Please don't lump all Walthers together.  The CCP is actually made by Umarex, Walther's corporate parent, in their plant in Arnsberg, who is more well known as an airsoft maker.  The PPS, PPQ, and P99 are still made by Walther at the real factory in Ulm, and are, by far, the best pistols in the Walther stable.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been trying to find a CCP M2 380 for the wife with no luck, anyone know where to find one?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#23]
My wife's CCP M2 380 arrived today. I have mixed feelings about this pistol, the little black plug that goes into the take down spring is a poor thought. It came loose, and the only way that I could reinstall it was to twist it into place. It could be easily lost. Even after lubing with Lucas grease, racking the slide feels clunky, and the trigger has a lot of grit and creep. The magazine disconnect "only" on the 380, and not the 9mm version is a detractor, neither need it. The S&W EZ380 feels much better built, so time will tell if the wife keeps it.

Even her case is different than the one shown above.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#24]
It's a piss poor gun no doubt.  Made by a bb gun company.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's a piss poor gun no doubt.  Made by a bb gun company.
View Quote
Mine has been nothing but accurate, reliable, and dependable. The ergonomics are unbeatable. Disassembly and reassembly is not difficult. I carry mine exclusively and without reservation. And I won't cry if it's stolen or damaged like I would my USP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top