Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2023 10:40:58 PM EDT
Vortex recently brought out a new red dot for pistols.

Buddy of mine got 2 though a connect and hooked me up.

I had a spare G43X MOS in the safe I was planning to throw an EPS Carry on eventually

Well this new Vortex Defender direct mounts to the MOS and has about a dozen different screws for different gun models

Sits low and with the low deck height you can still use your standard height irons. Mine are Dawson fiber front black rear.

Quick zero then I was running drills with it at the range the other day.

All in all around 300-350 rounds on it and it seems solid.

I know Vortex red dots were lacking but I’ve always loved my Razors from them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The Vortex red dot sights I have have all worked very well. No issues. I'd give this a try for sure.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The MOS direct mount is very good.

Otherwise, it’s a day late and a dollar short. It’s a pretty competitive market and I am only personally looking at enclosed emitter optics moving forward.

Edit: if you mounted it direct to a 43x did you mean it is RMSc pattern? I took that to mean full size direct mount MOS
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The MOS direct mount is very good.

Otherwise, it's a day late and a dollar short. It's a pretty competitive market and I am only personally looking at enclosed emitter optics moving forward.

Edit: if you mounted it direct to a 43x did you mean it is RMSc pattern? I took that to mean full size direct mount MOS
View Quote
The Defender-CCW uses the Shield RMSc footprint, which is the direct mount footprint for the 43x/48 MOS models.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the refresh rate really that bad?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Doh
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have heard this too, but isn't that only a concern when using NVG?

Is it even noticeable without NVG?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the Defender delivered right about the same time I saw all the "refresh rate" issues popping up on internet reviews. Maybe it's just the way my eyes pick up or perceive the dot, but I had zero issues with the refresh rate. It was only noticeable to me when I held the Defender and my 507k in each hand and moved them around quickly, but it still wasn't anything that would prevent me from using the Defender on my pistol. I'm beginning to think that people just like to bitch about everything and anything in today's society.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Brought this G43X out with me to my training session over the weekend and put a 150 or so through it running some drills and doing some “hat quals” at 25 yards. No issues at all and overall the optic is solid. It’s not my ideal dot but it does everything it needs to. Admittedly this is just a spare gun so it doesn’t get a lot of shooting or carry.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Any of you guys have the problem with the dot disappearing in the lower part of the window after zeroing?

New Dot not worth buying - Vortex Defender CCW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top