Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2022 1:23:27 AM EDT
They said their goal is to have a direct mount for pistol red dot optics to get the lowest sight picture possible. What do y'all think? No price yet, but the owner said it'll be competitive. I'm quite optimistic about it, as long as the price is right.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/03/09/optics-ready-beretta-92-slides/
Disclosure: I wrote the linked article, but I don't get paid per click, nor do I get paid to post it here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Beretta slides are kind of weird in how low profile they are, which makes optics appear to be mounted higher than they actually are. I am interested in how they will contour the slide to account for that. I imagine the firing pin block will be redesigned so as not to protrude up into the optic
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I think it was on a FB post that he said they'd be making some proprietary parts, but he didn't specify how many. But yeah, it'll have to be that part for sure. I've liked the concept ever since LTT started doing this, but the cost was too much for me. For my old Brigadier model, I can't just have it milled, so I'd have to go with a whole new slide.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The profile and slide serrations make me want it more than the RDS height.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I love the aesthetics of it!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Will be interesting to see in person.

The rear sight notch mounting plates are higher than desirable.

The Langdon ones a touch lower but need some proprietary parts.

This looks even a touch lower, which like a safety lever, etc. May need even more proprietary parts.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm interested; preferably in a Centurion/Compact version.  Maybe if we're really lucky, they'll offer an original G version.  I've never been too crazy about the conversion, so another option with the original design would be great.

I haven't read up on this elsewhere, so maybe I'm missing it, but did anyone else notice the lack of a front dovetail?  I wonder if they're using Glock front sights.  I don't see any access to the underside, so something is missing from the model, either a dovetail of an access hole.  Can't imagine they'd design a new slide with an integral front sight.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
We discussed that in the comment section under the article. I wondered if there was a chance they'll actually mill it to use Glock sights, or if they just hadn't finalized that in the CAD art.

As for access to the bottom, this would be a direct optic-to-slide mount, no plates necessary.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We discussed that in the comment section under the article. I wondered if there was a chance they'll actually mill it to use Glock sights, or if they just hadn't finalized that in the CAD art.

As for access to the bottom, this would be a direct optic-to-slide mount, no plates necessary.
View Quote

Sorry, I was unclear.  When I mentioned access to the bottom, I meant to attach a Glock front sight, not for the RDO.  Either way, this looks interesting to me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, maybe I just read your post too quick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top