Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2018 6:02:56 AM EDT
Anybody feel like carrying a loaded glock in a commuter slingbag could be a serious risk of ND if you used their holster? Any way to rig a kydex holster in it? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Leave chamber empty?

I know  I know, but if you're taking the time to find it in your bag, how fast do you really need it?
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#2]
That is a lot of money for something that scares you

FIRST: A Glock can only fire if the trigger and safety (SAP) are pressed together! I am not a Glock fan but that is true whether you are a fan or not! I see no reason why the elastic band which covers the trigger guard would not be enough. I have a belly bag with that sort of strap and have carried all my pistols, including a Glock with it and never gave it a second thought!

However their specs are confusing at best. They show both the elastic as well as the Kydex in it I would call and ask them directly!

I'm sure someone will mention it but a one strap bag is equal to a purse as far as retention. If there is any way you can body carry, that's the way to go.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure someone will mention it but a one strap bag is equal to a purse as far as retention. If there is any way you can body carry, that's the way to go.
View Quote
There are situations where off-body carry works, but they are very few and far between.

To answer the question - no, I wouldn't be worried about it, unless I was carrying around screwdrivers or something and really swinging and bouncing that bag around. For any reasonable usage of their bags, I'd have no concerns with the gun going off. But I would have concerns about all the other numerous aspects of carrying off body.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
You can get a velcro molle panel and attach a kydex holster that way. They sell the panel on their site. I don't think I would have any reservations about the tactigami holster however.

Side note, anyone have the XL commuter sling? I have been trying to find pictures of it online other than their website to try and gauge the scale/size of it. I have an 11.5" AR w/ Law folder than Im consider using this bag for. It will fit, but the bag may be too big for what I want. Or the Gamut Plus, but that might be a tight fit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anybody feel like carrying a loaded glock in a commuter slingbag could be a serious risk of ND if you used their holster? Any way to rig a kydex holster in it? Thanks!
View Quote
Why do you think it would be a risk? (serious question).

I carry a loaded pistol and spare mag in their tactigami wrap product.  Nothing else in that zippered pocket space.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why do you think it would be a risk? (serious question).

I carry a loaded pistol and spare mag in their tactigami wrap product.  Nothing else in that zippered pocket space.
View Quote
I cant tell how stiff the holster is, concerned about inside the trigger guard not being as secured as a kydex holster-that's all.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I have a Transit the smaller version of the commuter.  I have a G17 w/TLR1 in a BravoConcealment holster attached to the Vertx molle Velcro webbing.  No worries about anything I keep two spare 17+2 mags and I can carry my iPad and 14” Dell notebook if I need to.  Great bag I look like it because I like to blend in with the students instead of standing out.  I have actually considered snagging the full backpack eventually when I find a good price on it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127189/6219F58C-E390-4655-9574-E18C045526F5-674668.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127189/E0843E65-71E1-4634-B5A1-054DFF004A5C-674670.JPG
I have a Transit the smaller version of the commuter.  I have a G17 w/TLR1 in a BravoConcealment holster attached to the Vertx molle Velcro webbing.  No worries about anything I keep two spare 17+2 mags and I can carry my iPad and 14” Dell notebook if I need to.  Great bag I look like it because I like to blend in with the students instead of standing out.  I have actually considered snagging the full backpack eventually when I find a good price on it.
View Quote
Can someone explain how you guys are putting holsters in/on the black Velcro/molle? thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can someone explain how you guys are putting holsters in/on the black Velcro/molle? thanks!
View Quote
The belt loops that come on the holster I detached and wove into the MOLLE velcro and then just reattached them to the holster.  Once done press the velcro down against the inside of the pack.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Leave chamber empty?

I know  I know, but if you're taking the time to find it in your bag, how fast do you really need it?
View Quote
You can draw from a Vertx bag almost as fast as from a belt holster. They are designed for it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can draw from a Vertx bag almost as fast as from a belt holster. They are designed for it.
View Quote
You have to practice it but yes it makes drawing from the bag pretty quick from a bag.  At first it was not fast but I actually took the time to practice first in front of a mirror to see where positioning was most advantageous and adjusting the straps to position the bag for draw and carrying on the back.  It is not as fast as holster but is faster than any other bag design.  Consider you have to swing the bag to a position to draw and pull the zipper.  Vertx did design the bag with all this in mind but it is not perfect but the best carry bag I could find.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Crossbreed holsters has their PAC MAT line of holsters that have a velcro back.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/modular-systems/pac-mat/pac-mat-holster-only.html
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#13]
White Hat Holsters is what you seek.  You’re welcome.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Off-body pistol carry is pointless.  You're adding more roadblocks with no gain.  You're intentionally putting yourself at a disadvantage.  Why??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top